Injectors?ecm?harness?HELP!!!!

iddmax

I'm working on a 07 5.9 with a intermittent p0202 and once it throws the code it idles rough and defiantly is missing. So, what has me confused is the p0202 is a open circuit on #2 cylinder, so I pulled th valve cover and began ohming injectors. They were as follows
1 .7ohms
2. 1.2
3 2.3
4. .4
5. .5
6. .5

So why throwing a open circuit code on #2 and not # 3 since it ohms out worse? I then decided to ohm out the harness and it seemed fine all about .2 to .3 ohms. I didn't have the time to ohm from ECM to harness plug, I decided to fire it up with a single injector unhooked each time to see for sure what injectors were firing and which weren't , so 1 -3 on bank 1 seemed to make no difference, then I got to bank 2 and it died once unhooked 4. So, long story short how can I tell if it's a ECM bank 1 problem or wiring harness problem on bank 1 or if 1-3 injectors are out. It s just weird that 1-3 defiantly aren't firing but #1 injectors ohms out fine. Please HELP

My buddies truck had the same code, we replaced #6 injector that was open.. Heat can affect your readings.. I.e. open when hot..

My buddies truck had the same code, we replaced #6 injector that was open.. Heat can affect your readings.. I.e. open when hot..

So he had a p0202 code and it ended up being #6 injector? Did #6 ohm out high?

Everything rang out .4.. 6 had infinite resistance... Sounds like your 2 injectors over 1 ohm are no Bueno...

I would be willing to bet the problem is the # 2&3 injectors, when an injector goes bad it doesn't just shut down that one injector, it shuts down the entire bank. In this case it sounds like it shut down cylinders 1 2 3 ( bank 1) because the ohms were out of spec and when you unhooked injector 4 it shut down cylinders 456 ( bank 2).

Wheres the best place to get a set of Bosch 505 remans anybody know?

craziest one I saw was a truck that had a dead miss and a bank code... ohm the injectors and everything's fine.

so we took a known-good injector and wired it up to number 1 and fired the truck. no change. number 2? same. number 3? bank code went away... oh a whim, we ohmed the injector that had ohmed out just fine with everything static.

With the engine running and idle rail pressure acting on the injector, it ohmed out high.

replaced number 3 and good to go

Buy new ones! Not remans. There tons of threads about this.

Most companies such as Exergy, II, T&C sell stock NEW bosh for $360 give or take a few bucks.

Buy new ones! Not remans. There tons of threads about this.

Most companies such as Exergy, II, T&C sell stock NEW bosh for $360 give or take a few bucks.

Yep only new and only Bosch and I do all six I don't even waste my time going down the line do all six

Last edited:
Back