**innovative SCT ??

stroker221

beer30
Hi, gotta couple sct related questions on my 2010 6.4. So it stutters everytime switching from 2-3 gear. I've been told to use my race lock setting..ill try it tonight.. Would you think its ok to drive in extreme X setting daily without romping it every second??
AND do I really have to drive my truck in extreme RACE tune for 50ish miles for trans re-learn b-4 taking it down the drag strip!!??
Last Q, don't like waiting for truck to program. Is there a way to have same tunes on a switch on fly? But still keeping my sct for trans adjustments and data?? Please help
Thanks!!!!!!
Btw have brand new trans with 1600 stall TD, billet input, valvebody and little more:rockwoot:

Q1: Yes you can daily drive extreme X. Many guys dd a race tune.

Q2: No you don't have to drive 50 miles for trans relearn. Make several runs to 60mph at 1/4 throttle then 1/2 throttle then wot. This is the relearn sequence. You might still have a flair shift till trans completely relearns. These trans are very complicated with their adaptive learning capabilities.

Q3: No as sct doesn't allow for shift on the fly. The only tuner to offer that for a 6.4 powerstroke is an h&s mini maxx. Just make sure you find an older one with dpf delete capabilities.

Hope this answered your questions.

Thanks guys that's very helpful. Innovative sent me a new street tune to help it with line pressure. The 3-4 shift is much much better and the 2-3 shift is a little better. And as far a relearning goes, with how aggressive the shutter shift is idk about a half throttle to 60 and sure as hell not a WOT to 60. I have to baby the crap out of it or I feel like my trans will fall out! Lol

Shifts should be firm so as to not burn through the clutches. Get yourself a set of traction bars as they help calm down shifts.

I hope I'm allowed to do this, but check out powerstrokearmy.com as there are lots of info there. Many guys that know much more than I do to help you with your issues.

Ok I'll definitely make some. And just to clarify, its not just that its a shake your doors off shift, it also feels something like tc lock quick unlock quick tc lock verry quickly. Because t idk if its the tc doin that or not.

Ok I'll definitely make some. And just to clarify, its not just that its a shake your doors off shift, it also feels something like tc lock quick unlock quick tc lock verry quickly. Because t idk if its the tc doin that or not.

Is this done in every tune? If so its a tuning issue, you need to call Innovative and talk to them.

No its not done in everytune. Its a whole lot better in all the other tunes besides the EXTREME X tune, its really bad in that tune. Keep in mind that these are the exact same tunes that I ran before my trans grenaded. And I got the exact same build trans from the same people. I just don't know why its doing this.:doh:

And I talked to innovative and they send me a street tune with adjustable line pressure. It helped a little but didn't fix it

No its not done in everytune. Its a whole lot better in all the other tunes besides the EXTREME X tune, its really bad in that tune. Keep in mind that these are the exact same tunes that I ran before my trans grenaded. And I got the exact same build trans from the same people. I just don't know why its doing this.:doh:

Have you got the upgraded direct solenoid or not?

Ryan

Ackerdiesel, I don't think I do.. What's upgraded about the solenoid? I have whatever the Russ Moore ironhorse comes with lol

Ackerdiesel, I don't think I do.. What's upgraded about the solenoid? I have whatever the Russ Moore ironhorse comes with lol

Not sure on that trans. But the 5r is bad about flare shifting and etc with the stock direct solenoid and the more you turn up the power the worse it will be. The upgraded solenoids have cured that problem in multiple different trucks for me.

Ryan

Well hey guys I took the trk back to Russ Moore and they tore it apart to find out there was a burnt up clutch pack!! So I guess it was burnt up as soon as they put the trans back in because it was shifting hard as soon as I left. So anyways they rebuilt it again and its still not right they said so they r taking it back out as of 2 days ago and I haven't heard from them yet.. Guess I'll find out in a couple days!

GEARHEAD has the best shifts ive ever felt driving/riding in my old 6.0 or my buddies 6.4. Innovative has awesome tunes (especially race) and I have the utmost respect for them, that being said it was night and day between my innovative and gearhead tunes when it came to shifts.

Given this is my 6.0 and you have a 6.4, they both run on the 5r. Gearhead 200hp (my dd) tune, zero hesitation/stutter on the 2-3 shift. This vid was before i had a regulated return, 10-70mph. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zde8ECbwMGo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zde8ECbwMGo[/ame]

Back