Installed Dragon Fire...

00 black ram

Cummin's Enthusiast
Well I got the Dragon Fire installed last nite along with a set of 6x18 dragon flow injectors. Haven't drove much but seems to run fine with the exception of the rpms droping and raising when you put neutral rollin to a stop. Anyone have this problem? I'm runnin bigger tubes, but stock lines. I am running no box right now, just pump and injectors and the couple times I came into a little bit you could tell it ran justas good as what I was running. But I will get some more seat time this evening, just wanted to know if anyone has this bouncing throttle? OH, and does anyone daily drive with a Dragon Fire setup???

Thanks Matt

Ours does that to when on idle,we drive ours from time to time on the street to keep everything lubed up.EGTs were decent 1100-1300deg. with a light foot. Can`t see why you can`t daily drive it!!

Well I figured out the idle lope is because of the injectors, buddy that was running them with a SO pump said they did the same thing. I just took drive and I couldn't go any higher than around 1450 degrees on the EGTs. I ran the ADR on PL02 and PL05 of the comp tune. Boost went up to 55ish PSI from Below 50psi. Cruising 60-65mph EGTs were 700-800 and went to 1000 on grades. Does this sound like some of you other guys setups???

sounds like you havea good setup yourself.. seems like its running in a safe manageable range. if you tow you might want to add water meth injection.... imho

Well I figured out the idle lope is because of the injectors, buddy that was running them with a SO pump said they did the same thing. I just took drive and I couldn't go any higher than around 1450 degrees on the EGTs. I ran the ADR on PL02 and PL05 of the comp tune. Boost went up to 55ish PSI from Below 50psi. Cruising 60-65mph EGTs were 700-800 and went to 1000 on grades. Does this sound like some of you other guys setups???

What set-up? turbo/head/cam need info!:doh:

Oh yeah, here's info 66/71/13SS, no head or cam upgrades yet. Gearing is 3.54s, 6spd manual, and that's about it. Not to much done to it. I was suprised that the EGTs weren't high, I mean everybody had me worried it wouldn't be that streetable with the pump and injectors (6x18s). I am go to a 6x15 injector, will it make a difference like with the haze and maybe not completely killed fuel mileage. I'm not lookin for great fuel mileage, but would like to keep it kinda close to what it has been. LOL

Mine when you take it from any gear to neutral and come to a rolling stop it does the same thing but when you come to a completet stop it goes away, and thats the pump, it has done it with 4 sets of injectors, mach 4's, ddp comps, 6x16 and 6x18's

I have some 6x.15s in my truck and they haze like a s.o.b. I get about 17mpg on the interstate with my box turned off at 68mph.

i am trying a set of II 6x18's in our race truck right now. they haze a little until it warms up. but i am running 32* of timming. they make good power so far.
5027lbs
9.45@145.9mph
the best pass on sunday.

i am trying a set of II 6x18's in our race truck right now. they haze a little until it warms up. but i am running 32* of timming. they make good power so far.
5027lbs
9.45@145.9mph
the best pass on sunday.

WOW. that's cookin.:clap:

6x.015's arent THAT big of an injector, they shouldnt be hazing at all.

I know 6x15s arent that big dont know why they haze, i have a few sets of these injectors and both sets haze the same amount. I put my lighting 2s in and no haze. Dont know why they haze. Ive talked to a few people about it and they say theres do the same thing. Maybe its a scheid thing.

I know 6x15s arent that big dont know why they haze, i have a few sets of these injectors and both sets haze the same amount. I put my lighting 2s in and no haze. Dont know why they haze. Ive talked to a few people about it and they say theres do the same thing. Maybe its a scheid thing.

6x15 is definately big enough to haze I would say!

6x15's are pretty big, just as big if not bigger then DDP comps. But the haze shoul, d clear up when its warmed up

In my setup definately the 6x18's but i think they would be a little big for a daily driver, if i was you i would try a set of 6x16's, i have a set if your interested pretty cheap also

Yeah, I was thinking of going to the 6x16's but got to get rid of the DDP 200's I have now. LOL

my 8x.013's dont haze at all, not even when cold. my 7x.015's hazed for like 3 minutes when the truck was cold.

Back