Installed Dragon Fire...

We drive ours on the street, not on a daily basis but quite a bit. Right now we're waiting on our manifold to come back so it can get back on the road.

personnaly i would run at least a 6x16 with this pump!

Whats the point of getting a pump that can support and supply enough fuel to a 6x20 injector, and your running a 200hp injector? An SO pump cam supposrt them.

Im just curious, i got the pump because i was air lockin my lighting with the big injectors i was using, now i do not have that problem and im running much bigger injector's and i really can tell the difference.

But if your running an edge juice, and 200hp injectors and decide to get this pump your just waisting money, until you get to the point where an SO pump cannot support no more fuel, thats when you need a dragonfire.

I think the main reason Industrial is saying you need at least a 6x18 is because they have been getting calls from guys running 150hp injectors and an edge juice and they are thinking that adding this pump it going to give them so much more fuel and it dont.

It is not dubbed as a "race only" pump is it? and not too many guys want to run a 350+hp injector on the street or DD/towing. $.02

LOL It is to "DUBBED" as a race only pump! Hint the 6x18's injectors are recommended.

but why spend the extra coin when an SO what suit your needs unless you plan on really bombing it later.

I drive mine on the street every now and then, and its not to bad but can be a pain sometimes

Did any of you guys drive your setup's on the street? How did they do.

Mine was in my DD, only for about a month though. I put around 1400 miles on it and the power steering pump went out and I torn the engine down to rebuild but decided to go with a 12v instead.

Just the pump by itself acted like the SO pump with the drag comp on 5x5. I didn't really see any mpg drop either.

LOL It is to "DUBBED" as a race only pump! Hint the 6x18's injectors are recommended.

but why spend the extra coin when an SO what suit your needs unless you plan on really bombing it later.

I drive mine on the street every now and then, and its not to bad but can be a pain sometimes

I'm at the end of the SO pump NOW but dont want to have something that cant tow my horse trailer without asphyxiating the horses in the process!!*bdh*
Also want some dang real feedback on wether it can get to 800+hp or not.:pop:

The dragon fire i think will get to around 800 but not over, but i think there will be something soon to come for over 800HP

The dragon has very good street manors except for when your coming to a rolling stop

I do plan on changing alot of thing out over the next couple of years. I don't DD mine but I want to be able to go out and drive it where ever I want and not worry TO MUCH on how the mpgs are now.

Thanks guys for all the info and I will givin feedback as I drive the truck and make changes.

the point of these high flow pumps is to allow you to run bigger injectors. they are not made to run around with a set of 200's and have all this extra fuel on tap when you want it.

as most of you know a VP injector is opened with pressure. the holes in the end of the nozzle flow a certain amount of fuel at a set psi. the injection pump isn't changing the psi (because the pop off pressure still opens the injector at the same pressure). the ONLY way you will see a benefit from these pumps is by running an injector that is too big for an SO pump to supply enough fuel to. (some where in the 220-240 and up area)

So you are saying a set of 250's would be alright to run with a pump like this?? Cause I do see what you are saying to understandable.

well a SO vp falls short of 250's and II says 250's but then calls them 6x.018's which are more like 300's

I think a good set of 250's will work fine with the pump, because I have heard the same thing.

I think 6x18's are bigger then 300

But yeah a 250HP injector will be fine

I thought 6x18s were around a 300hp injector. But I think I am going to go with the 6x16s.

I thought 6x18s were around a 300hp injector. But I think I am going to go with the 6x16s.

We use to run 200 in ours and the truck was always stalling & would lope really bad.We switched them out to 6x18s and the truck does not stall anymore and does not lope as bad as before.Found that the 6x18s were way better injectors with our Dragon Fire!!

Well thanks for all the input guys, I'll feel you in on what injectors I get and how they run.

My buddy ran some ddp 4's a blew his pump apart, they finally replaced it and told him not to run anything smaller than the comps! just a though

DDP told me my 200's would be just fine with the pump. But I still think I will go bigger.

Back