Installed fuel pin, truck is now slower.

roachie

Taco Master
I've borrowed my step dad's truck to install a surprise Christmas present, a stage 2 denny T pin.

Drive around town fine for a stock VE. Get to shop and install pin, truck will not get over 40 mph. Zero smoke under load and revving. Even with the pin out of the truck it will not even let out a mild haze at WOT. Pin is facing the correct way.

Revving the truck with the pin out and AFC cover off I can see the lever that rides on the pin not moving.

WTAF?

I've borrowed my step dad's truck to install a surprise Christmas present, a stage 2 denny T pin.

Drive around town fine for a stock VE. Get to shop and install pin, truck will not get over 40 mph. Zero smoke under load and revving. Even with the pin out of the truck it will not even let out a mild haze at WOT. Pin is facing the correct way.

Revving the truck with the pin out and AFC cover off I can see the lever that rides on the pin not moving.

WTAF?
Boost reference line hooked up?

I had this issue. The little lever you refer to that rides on the fuel pin gets stuck sometimes. If it don't move, the AFC does nothing.

There's a plug in the front of the pump that has to come out. You'll see the back side of the AFC lever in there once the plug is out. I tapped that in to push the guide pin into the fuel pin's bore. A little PB Blaster along with working it back and forth with a screw driver inside frees it up.

Generally taking an unmolested fuel pin out jams that pin in farther than it normally goes and it gets stuck.

Like stated above, remove the plug. You will have to remove the throttle arm off of the pump first though. After you spray her down with PB blaster and get it working free, try spraying or smearing some lithium grease in there. Them work it back and forth again. Should be good after that.

If it continues it may be the small sealing O-ring that the small pin is guided by. It could get a little marred and not allow smooth movement.

It was the little pin, gave me an ex use to pull the top and install a 366 spring.

When I changed my ve pump the pin was hung up also. little lube and it started working but it was still like a dog and I adjust the power screw and smoke screw and now its perfect

Back