Installed injectors

powrchoke

Got the 5x16s installed, ran into a few problems such as numbers 2,3,4, and 6 leaking i assumed that just tightening every thing down would solve the problem and it did took it for a test drive and it seems to have helped my spool up alot turbo hits almost instantly now truck runs 10x better now than it did with the 370s now i am wondering whats next, btw thanks to Chris at sdx
also if anyone is planning on installing injectors on a 12v in the future take it from me that it is not hard because i have no idea what i am doing when it comes to this stuff and didnt seem to bad to me :nail:

Im running a super phat shaft 64/71/14 the idle haze is next to nothing the 370s hazed more by far

just took her for another run and seems like everything is running fine definatly quicker but smoke cleans up so much quicker than the 370s did its kinda odd although i dont have a problem with that just wasnt expecting it im just wondering now if this turbo can handle more fuel since the egts dont climb that fast and dont hit 1500 until well after 100mph
also the timing is still at stock so maybe that has alot to do with it if so what should i try moving it to maybe around 20 deg?

timing to 18* or so, it will clean top end smoke more with higher timing

are you still running a plate? stock dv's?

its a 0 plate ff and 191s, i also have a mack rack plug in my glovebox waiting to go in im just debating on wether putting it in while the pump is still on the truck or to wait and get the pump benched and put it on then

^^ what he said

sounds like if everything is working correct in your pump that you could go with a bigger dv and jump your timing up

so do you think i should go to full cuts, also i ran it without a plate and didnt notice any difference im still getting used to doing this stuff myself so maybe i missed something i took the plate out maxed out the starwheel but thats basically all i did, to adjust it for full travel wat do i do, do i need to adjust the set screw for full travel and what do i need to do with the afc foot to get full travel
i also want to know how do i no if im "drowning it out" it smokes like a train off the line and is kinda slow but once the boost gets around 15 it hits hard and jumps to 50 but by that time its already pretty high in the rpm range should i keep trying different things or is there ever a better point to leave it at

id stay away from the full cuts and lazer cuts, maybe go with an 024. as for puttin out the fire.......you need to do some research on AFC stuff. have you done all the full travel mods? it shouldnt smoke that bad when you romp on it. if you get the afc set up correctly you wont believe how much faster the turbo lights up.

i wouldnt get full cuts either was just curious if thats what he meant by bigger, .024s hmm i thought they were smaller than the 191s i may be mistaken but arent 191s the same as .030s i dont think im puttin out the fire im just at the point where im kinda tired of all the smoke and no power i think im getting closer to what i want im just gona try and tune this afc as for full travel im working on that to

ya man im tellin ya, I had a little R&D weekend with my AFC, not much smoke and my truck takes off instantly

laser cuts aren't bad. I had custom laser cuts and 5x16's in my 96 I had; plus had the dv holders edmed to match the size of the stock fuel line hole size. Plus a #5 full foward afc mods ran very nice. But I did have twins and 18.5* fire ringed 14mm studs. it was my dd and work truck cleaned up nice spooled good. and good mpg.

thats the first time I've ever heard a guy say that for their DD. At the track is a totally different story, but most people hate em on the street. Twins helps a WHOLE lot.

i think i should also clarify that this truck is a pulling truck and is just driven on the road when i feel like it not cuz i have to im not looking for something that spools magically i just want more power with what im working with as of now if full cuts get me that then so be it
what im looking at doing so far is 20 deg timing and afc mods for full travel

i think i should also clarify that this truck is a pulling truck and is just driven on the road when i feel like it not cuz i have to im not looking for something that spools magically i just want more power with what im working with as of now if full cuts get me that then so be it
what im looking at doing so far is 20 deg timing and afc mods for full travel

If it's a pulling truck, you ought to advance the timing well past 20*, somewhere around 30* will help make power in the upper RPM range.

Bare minimum, set it for 25*.

Back