installing gauges

rednck21

whats the best way to get all the wires up to the gauge pod? i put gauges in my OBS awhile ago and it was pretty easy, but this one seems like its going to be a *****. also, wheres the best spot to drill a hole in the stock pillar to run the wires through? from what i can tell, its going to be right behind the lower gauge bubble or hump. TIA, Blane:1tooth:

if u take the shroud off the bezel and such it will make it easier.. they will run right down the a-piller into the dash i didnt drill any holes in my stock piller just modified the end of it below the dash so if i need to sell it ill take my guages out and u will never know its pretty strait forward with em

rednck21 said:
i guess i could always use the ol coat hanger trick:1tooth:

That's what I did, I used a piece of stiff wire, reached all the way up under the dash, and reached my other hand above the dash. I then found that, if I tried hard enough, I could touch my hands together, so I put the wires in my right hand and reached them up to my left.

GREGROB said:
That's what I did, I used a piece of stiff wire, reached all the way up under the dash, and reached my other hand above the dash. I then found that, if I tried hard enough, I could touch my hands together, so I put the wires in my right hand and reached them up to my left.

good, thats what i want to hear:woohoo: did you have to pull out the stock a pillar to do so?

rednck21 said:
good, thats what i want to hear:woohoo: did you have to pull out the stock a pillar to do so?

You know, now that you said it, I don't remember. I was initally gonna say NO, but it may have been off.

I think you have enough room to do it w/out pulling the pillar, try that, then yank it if not, it's not that hard to pop off.

well, they are in:woohoo: i pulled the pillar and it opened up a huge hole....very easy to run the wires through. everything is good to go:thankyou2:

I had my "gauge guy" do mine. :bigsmile: :smileglasses: :1tooth:

Gauge Install

The factory A-pillar snaps on and off like LEGO'S. Pull it if you want to It should open a better line of sight. I pulled alot of Cosmetic Plastic covers off
:bigsmile: It's not hard to do. I pulled the panel down by the E-brake, which also made me loosen the Plastic strip that is on the floorboard.I have taken this stuff on and off many times during the install of my stereo system. Any wire stiff enough to feed through the jungle of wires uder the dash will do. I fed the Gauge sending wires through the same hole that my Stereo wires are fed through in the Fire Wall. Check the A-pillar Gauge Pod instructions:rules:
I think some req the removal of the A-Pillar factory plastic while others install on top of the OEM piece.
The challenge for me was the Connection of the BOOST GAUGE,
3 try's later:dead-horse-fast2: and FINALLY:rockwoot:
In a nutshell make your fittings tight and try to step down to the 1/8th " supply line as close to the gauge as possible.
I terminated the 1/8th" line inside the ENGINE compartment near the brake fluid resivoir and ran the rest of it using 3/8th's I.D. air hose tapped into the MAP sensor feed line, use hose clamps and keep it all air tight.:bigsmile:

Back