Installing magnets in Fluidamper

BigYellowIron

Diesel Tech
Anyone done this. The magnets are 1/4 inch round ones about 3/8 long. Been told to just drill into the damper then epoxy them in. But I don't want to ruin it by going to far. Anyone have any pictures or help for this. I searched but didn't come up with much.

Anyone done this. The magnets are 1/4 inch round ones about 3/8 long. Been told to just drill into the damper then epoxy them in. But I don't want to ruin it by going to far. Anyone have any pictures or help for this. I searched but didn't come up with much.

Is this for a tach pick up?
If so I just aim it at the 4 bolts on the dampener.

If this is the case then the magnets are a must. The flux capacitor won't operate correctly over 88mph with out them! :lolly:

You are correct. However the magnets must be installed in the wheel to accurately measure ground speed.

I don't have a picture but we milled a hole in my fluid dampener to install the magnets to go with the race pack data logger. If I get to the shop tomorrow I can try to snap a pic. But it was easy. The racepak magnet had instructions on size and depth. Then we just used some epoxy to make sure it didn't come out.

Yea for a logger. I just don't want to drill into the fluid not know how it's constructed.

Be sure and get the right ends out. It makes a difference whether the positive or negative end is out I think.

Back