installing oilers

Ether Man

The Racer Formerly Known as ConcreteBlockHead, who
ok guys i have a motor in the floor that i was doing a upper and lower gasket kit on and i pull the pan today and the rear main and i have 2 oilers laying in the pan:bang, i guess the only way to put these in is to pull the crank? just trying to get some help here. the motor has 250k on it, should i go ahead and bite the bullet and just do a overhaul, the motor appears to be in good shape other than this. i'm also suspecting these are oilers, they are about the size of a butt connector and kind of look like one on one end. thanks.

The only way to get the oil squirters in is to pull the crank out. Are they broke off or what? When the oil squirters fail no oil gets on the bottom side of the piston and bad things happen.

The only way to get the oil squirters in is to pull the crank out. Are they broke off or what? When the oil squirters fail no oil gets on the bottom side of the piston and bad things happen.

that is what i thought, they don't appear to be broken. they are probably an 1" to 1 1/2 long.

i'll take a pic of them around lunch and get it posted.

oil squirters

this is what they look like.

Attachments

• oilsquirters.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 135
i took a pic with the littlest setting on my camera but it still won't let me upload it.

hopefully this will work.

Attachments

• smaller pic.jpg
    smaller pic.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 71
If I remember correctly green nozles is for 12V and white nozzles are for 24V (storm block) (in lower gasket it have 2 type of nozzles)

Do you have some nozles missing or are the two nozles just extra in oil pan?

I've heard other people claim similar things, yet it seems that the engines still run fine with them broken off in the pan.

In my past experience with other engines with oil jets similar to this, they have had very little effect. In fact, I'll go as far as saying that I never saw a single engine failure that could be attributed to them.

Ether Man, if you have the motor that far apart and you know of the problem, I'd take the extra time needed to put them in. It is just nice peace of mind knowing that they are there.

to me it looks like the little edge that holds the piston cooling nozzle in place broke off, and allowed the nozzle to be "squirted" out of it's place. you are already that far into it, replace them. i would never reccomend running a engine that has a known issue with those nozzels. they are there for a reason....

Wes