Intercooler

Looking into buying an aftermarket intercooler soon and I am wondering what kind of experiences others have had with different brands of intercoolers? Any type of feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks -JD

BD diesel makes a nice one thats what I run, and it's been holding 85ps with out problems .

the spearco units are nice, they flow good and cooler better, but they are a little bit $$$. i also heard from a HTT dealer that they are coming out with a complete kit with boots, and clamps for the second gen. dodges. i dont know the price on one, but it looked like a good kit.

Wes

I have a cool twist right now and like it. Needed a tiny bit of massaging to go in but not too bad. If I was to do it again i'd look into the Spearco units. I like the end tank design better and most of the intercoolers with the inlet in stock position seem to neck down hard to get around the radiator. I'm just guessing the Spearco doesn't do that but am not 100% sure.

I have the HTT unit in my truck, highest rated flow out there, great looking unit and takes all available space and uses it to cool your charge.

Joe Hellman will build what you want and guarantee it to 100psig.

Using my dimensions, he built one for my 1st gen and as a result, it fits like a glove.

ICfitup.jpg

Back