Intercooler

wrongway

Alrighty then, who's intercooler is gonna help me the most in term's of cooling me down, and adding some laughing gas to my 97 12 valve?? Don't be bashful, just post right on up. Thank's, Gary

Billysgoat said:
Talk to Joe Hellmann Gary, I don't think you will go wrong.

Billy, I've already talked to Joe and he don't do 12 valves:badidea: So that is the reason I'm lookin elsewhere. I heard Spearco doe's a good one. Maybe some sponsor's will chime in.:rockwoot: Gary

Wrongway's goin the wrong way!
Tune it....don't spray it.

wrongway said:
Billy, I've already talked to Joe and he don't do 12 valves:badidea: So that is the reason I'm lookin elsewhere. I heard Spearco doe's a good one. Maybe some sponsor's will chime in.:rockwoot: Gary

I have a Spearco-came in yesterday.

Fits 1994-2002.......

LINK

Joe DOESN'T do 12V's????? Dayum, and here I thought he was performance oriented :poke: LOL LOL

I thought he did Gary, sorry for the wrong info bud :bang

Ouch. The Spearco must have golden end tanks for that price... Another option would be the cool-twist from City Diesel. I believe it's $875 before core charge. Haisley also sells one, I've looked at theirs in person and the fab work didn't look too shabby to me.

brandon.

I am not sure who builds it but the one I have is from PDR and it works great holds over 100lbs of boost and I run Nitrous as well :rockwoot: Plate and fin design and very heavy duty.

joefarmer said:
Ouch. The Spearco must have golden end tanks for that price... Another option would be the cool-twist from City Diesel. I believe it's $875 before core charge. Haisley also sells one, I've looked at theirs in person and the fab work didn't look too shabby to me.

brandon.

Haisley has one for $1300 exchange for CR trucks. Must be gold plated as well?

If you have seen the CD next to a Spearco, they are priced accordingly. CD also advertises a pressure drop at 25 PSI of 1.7. Less than one with the Spearco.

PDR also carries Spearco. Haven't seen their cooler.

Reb Brown runs Spearco for a reason, and he is no slouch in the HP department.

bbunting said:
Haisley has one for $1300 exchange for CR trucks. Must be gold plated as well?

If you have seen the CD next to a Spearco, they are priced accordingly. CD also advertises a pressure drop at 25 PSI of 1.7. Less than one with the Spearco.

PDR also carries Spearco. Haven't seen their cooler.

Reb Brown runs Spearco for a reason, and he is no slouch in the HP department.
I wasn't trying to bash your product. I just wanted the poster to have options less than $1k. I had thought Haisley's was around 900 + core, thanks for the price update. I know the local Cummins dealer has aftermarket CACs for $595.

brandon.

joefarmer said:
I wasn't trying to bash your product. I just wanted the poster to have options less than $1k. I had thought Haisley's was around 900 + core, thanks for the price update. I know the local Cummins dealer has aftermarket CACs for $595.

brandon.

Tell me more Brandon!! I have spent an *%# load of money on this truck, and I'm not cheap by no mean's. I'm just huntin that extra 1/10 or so, and racing fund's are getting LOW. Please feel free to help a racer out any way ya can. Gary

wrongway said:

thats a shame.hes intercooler help my truck . egts went down spool up faster.i wish we could have ran at the track to have even more proof.but you know that all saying good things come to dose who wait but not those who wait to much.

dj.

wrongway said:
Tell me more Brandon!! I have spent an *%# load of money on this truck, and I'm not cheap by no mean's. I'm just huntin that extra 1/10 or so, and racing fund's are getting LOW. Please feel free to help a racer out any way ya can. Gary
I would much rather see you spend the intercooler money on porting the head. I think that would help so much more than swapping intercoolers. What times are you shooting to hit?

brandon.

joefarmer said:
I would much rather see you spend the intercooler money on porting the head. I think that would help so much more than swapping intercoolers. What times are you shooting to hit?

brandon.

Brandon, I'm doing 12.30's in 1/4 @ 109 mph, and 7.60's in the 1/8 @ 88 mph. I want to go FASTER!!!!!LOL LOL LOL Seriously though, I'm wanting 11.50's to 7.20's. I know I gotta spend more time and money on the ol girl, but I feel with the right tuning I can get there. I'm thinking the intercooler change ain't gonna help me enough. I think I need to get rid of the 370's, add a another charger, and get rid of them 28" tall Nitto Drag Radial's. The only reason I run the Nitto's is because it want's to BOG when it hit's 2nd gear with the lock up switch on. Please help me, going nuckin futt's. Gary

Go to a different injector and add some giggle gas. You'll get there.

Does your turbo have the enlarged flappers and gates. Also does it have the spacer on it to allow the flappers to open further?

If you do then for the track the giggle gas would suit you much better than the twins.

Also the extra horsepower from the gas is not as dependent upon having the extra RPM another turbo would need. So, going to a taller tire (slick) would probably be easier to do. Its less likely to bog with the RPM drop going to 2nd gear.

I love twins. But, in this type of situation; I'd say Nitrous is the way to go.

~Wes~

That's excellent advice, Wes!

In addition, the intercooler won't really add the kind of time's you're looking to pick up, but it would allow you to do it cooler. Of course, nitrous may also help keep it cooler.

brandon.

Back