Interesting Math

Eliminated everything except ECM, instead of buying stock ECM I am waiting on the aftermarket ECM. Putting together parts for a new build. How bout you Gus, what's going on.

Dam that sucks you been through that much of it.. so you going like a standalone ecm?

I think I have a cracked injector body...I talked to some guys and "they" kinda think I have one cracked right above the nozzle so that its just constantly returning fuel. Thinking that my "popping" was running out of rail psi do to the crack. Im hoping its only one of them.

You don't happen to have one SS body your willing to sell do you?

Anyone else?

Yeah, X, that's whats so nice about dynamic timing, keep timing backed off early in powerband to put more heat into the exhaust to get the chargers going, then once they are lit advance the timing to keep the heat in the cylinders to make power. Looks like late model CR's stay in the bowl till about 25 deg, but just a little more like 26 or 27 you would be way outta the bowl, because it is at this point that the piston speeds up. This was all I wanted to accomplish, get a general idea.

Disclaimer: I am assuming same bowl radius for the late model pistons (0.55 in. )as the early pistons, don't have a late model to measure right now.

600 series bowls are not only wider (dish volume is ~same), but the narrower spray cone also allows more timing.

Got my pistons today, late model bowl, Weston you are right buddy. Looks they will support about 20 mm or 42 deg of advance before TDC. Nice :)
Gonna give plenty of time to get a bunch of fuel in there.

thanks for the website post, i've been looking for that formula for a while. I just got constant access to the internet thought.

Back