Intermediate Shaft - Billet or Stocker

farmboysdiesel

I'll Take Two!!
Do a little tranny refresh and I'm down to the last decision. I think I have a pretty good idea what I'm going to do but would like to see what you guys think. Billet or new stock intermediate. Thoughts.........

Call Goerend, I think he is working on some different intermediates that have held up to more than the 300M shafts.

My stock shaft held up to alot of abuse and held 790hp racing and pullin at 550hp. But is did break it with the new setup by a stupid mistake of hitting the lockup switch way too early on a boost launch with a real loose converter. I got one of Opies intermediates now, but stock shafts seem to hold alot as well.

Brett

Call Goerend, I think he is working on some different intermediates that have held up to more than the 300M shafts.

My thoughts exactly. Reb Brown just put together a tranny for me and that is what he put in.

ya he talked me into a new int. sft. not billet.

believe he told me that breaking intermiediate shaft usually occurs when towing like 30k lbs, or shifing while locked.

-Danny

Dave recommended a new stock intermediate shaft for me as well. Correct Slippy, As long as your not towing heavy you should be fine

Get an IE shaft and not worry about it... I have all OPIE shafts...:evil but I tow 20k daily!!:Cheer:

Back