Is anybody running an fs2500 with twin turbos?

dslhtrdr

Always learning...
Last year I was running an fs2500 and saw some great results with it. Anyone who has used one of these knows that the second 1/8" npt plug on top of the oil filter housing is used to feed the fs.

Last Thanksgiving weekend I installed my twins (yes they are the ones in my avatar picture) and was forced to remove it because the second turbos oil feed line uses the same 1/8" npt plug.

So my question is, if anyone knows, is there another fitting on the block that can be removed and used to feed the fs? Or can a T be used on the second oil feed line for the ht3b and be used to feed the fs? My gut tells me that if I used a T I would be starving the turbo of oil and that would be a very bad thing to do.

If I didn't explain this well enough, please tell me. I would really appreciate any info. If I can't use the fs on my truck anymore, I'm going to install it my my girlfriends 24v.

Thanks in advance, D

Have you done this before Forrest? I think I've seen a picture of a truck in diesel power that had a T but I can't be sure...

Last year I was running an fs2500 and saw some great results with it. Anyone who has used one of these knows that the second 1/8" npt plug on top of the oil filter housing is used to feed the fs.

Last Thanksgiving weekend I installed my twins (yes they are the ones in my avatar picture) and was forced to remove it because the second turbos oil feed line uses the same 1/8" npt plug.

So my question is, if anyone knows, is there another fitting on the block that can be removed and used to feed the fs? Or can a T be used on the second oil feed line for the ht3b and be used to feed the fs? My gut tells me that if I used a T I would be starving the turbo of oil and that would be a very bad thing to do.

If I didn't explain this well enough, please tell me. I would really appreciate any info. If I can't use the fs on my truck anymore, I'm going to install it my my girlfriends 24v.

Thanks in advance, D

I have been running a T to mine for almost a year no problems. I have a S300 over a s475 and the FS2500

I have been running a T to mine for almost a year no problems. I have a S300 over a s475 and the FS2500

Forrest Nearing said:
if you saw how small the actual orifices in side your turbochargers were, you wouldn't worry at all

Sweet. Thanks guys. I'm sure you all understand why one would worry about possibly starving a turbo of oil. Our toys cost us enough money as it is already.

Much appreciated! :Cheer:

Sweet. Thanks guys. I'm sure you all understand why one would worry about possibly starving a turbo of oil. Our toys cost us enough money as it is already.

Much appreciated!

Very timely...I'm going to be doing the very same thing in about a week, except with an OilGuard bypass filter.

--Eric

I'm running my fs2500 from 1 of the top ports with a .060" restricted fitting. The other feeds my s300. The factory feed from the back of the filter head feeds my s400, it is a 12x1.5 mm to -6an. I have not had any problems.

Before I had huge injectors I did the analysis and after 30k the oil was still good using 5w40 synthetic premium blue. I now use 15w-40 PB and change filters and oil every 10k.

got a link or any pics of said FS2500 ???

This is where I had mine mounted. It will be going back in the same place as soon as I get all the correct fittings to plumb a T into the feed lines. I had excellent results with it. Some do, some don't.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

D

Filtration Solutions Worldwide. Not sure where they are located. I'm sure if you do a search on here or google you'll find more than what you need. They are quite pricey however. Especially if you upgrade to the stainless steel lines like I did.

Back