Is anyone here running a liberator performance, 64mm VGT turbo?

MMAguy

Ford Products

I want to stick with a VGT turbo on my 6.0L powerstroke, it's an o3, I amready have studs, erg delete, turboback exhasut, stage 2 untake and intake elbow...SCT tuning. EGT's get pretty hot towing, the intercooler didn't help at all. I am considering water meth but this turbo as advertised, seems to the answer. If it works, I am left with plenty of room to upgrade injectors, if it's a hoaz, I'm pissed...any experience? thanks

I have phoned and talked to that guy at liberator about there turbo, and lets just say i hung up the phone less then impressed. I think personaly that there stuff is over priced. I forget what it was exactly but i know you can get the same turbo from II for alot less money. Same goes with their EGR kit, way over priced. Go with the people that know, like elite, industrial, ect....
JMO.

Talk to Trusted Performance, they can hook you up.
I'm running a 64mm from them right now, and plenty pleased...towing and all. (Up to ~8500 pounds so far.)

Sorry, just re-read that you wanted to stay with the vgt.

Stay with the stock VGT turbo if your pulling really heavy...and get a better tow tune for the temps.

I have phoned and talked to that guy at liberator about there turbo, and lets just say i hung up the phone less then impressed. I think personaly that there stuff is over priced. I forget what it was exactly but i know you can get the same turbo from II for alot less money. Same goes with their EGR kit, way over priced. Go with the people that know, like elite, industrial, ect....
JMO.

H was making some crazy claims. I may wait until trusted perforamnce has their new turbo out, or industrials...

I have a 65mm VGT (similar to the original VGT-SS) from Spartan back when they did them and the turbo is a good little turbo for having fun but towing was a bit rough for me. I am not geared for optimum towing with my 37's, but I always had a hard time keeping on top of the turbo and if I didn't, the thing would surge pretty badly, especially on hills.

I have heard that Elite's new VGT-SS does not have the surging issues, but I cannot say that from first hand experience.

Also, are you running tunes when you tow? What weight do you tow? What do you consider "pretty hot"? If I tow over 7k, I always run either stock or a tow tune and my EGT's never get above 1000 degrees with the stock turbo.

Got one here like it pretty good ,pull my puller with it {12k} have some surge issues with it in the race tune . I think eric could tune it out ,he did on the tow tune. Runs a lot better then my 61mm turbo from tn did.Not sure on the II turbo, but liberators turbo is built by a well respected duramax dude

I have a 65mm VGT (similar to the original VGT-SS) from Spartan back when they did them and the turbo is a good little turbo for having fun but towing was a bit rough for me. I am not geared for optimum towing with my 37's, but I always had a hard time keeping on top of the turbo and if I didn't, the thing would surge pretty badly, especially on hills.

I have heard that Elite's new VGT-SS does not have the surging issues, but I cannot say that from first hand experience.

Also, are you running tunes when you tow? What weight do you tow? What do you consider "pretty hot"? If I tow over 7k, I always run either stock or a tow tune and my EGT's never get above 1000 degrees with the stock turbo.

I had an edge and would run it on the lowest tune. The trailer is 10k-14k usually. It gets up to 1,200 degree's. I can't wait for a custom tune...

Sean Liberator is a tool bag and a half. Had a friend of mine's dodge up there one time. Did 10K worth of work on the motor. Took it out and did burnouts with it, posted the videos on youtube and blew the motor. THEN wanted my buddy to pay for it.

Not to mention he's a joke at all the sled pulls. Dude brings trucks that make more power than the rest of the field and either 1) Blows up 2)Breaks the Suspension or 3) Finishes in the bottom 1/3rd of the field.

I wouldn't give him $10 and a pot to piss in.

I'd wait for Trusted Performance to introduce their new turbo's. They're supposed to be the cat's meow.

Sean Liberator is a tool bag and a half. Had a friend of mine's dodge up there one time. Did 10K worth of work on the motor. Took it out and did burnouts with it, posted the videos on youtube and blew the motor. THEN wanted my buddy to pay for it.

Not to mention he's a joke at all the sled pulls. Dude brings trucks that make more power than the rest of the field and either 1) Blows up 2)Breaks the Suspension or 3) Finishes in the bottom 1/3rd of the field.

I wouldn't give him $10 and a pot to piss in.

See im not the only person who feels this way....

I;m glad I talk to you guys. Im am gonna do a turbo, I have narrowed it down to 3 choices:
industrial injections hybrid
Tec turbo's stage 1'
wait for trusted performance

Well, now I have enough cash left over to buy a set of 155's from trusted performance, thanks to brown's diesel. They found me the best turbo out there...I just got mine from brown's diesel. Prices are due to go due as they extremely underpriced these guys. I will have everything installed and running/towing wednesday probably and will answer as many pms and calls as possible. The salespeople relized they priced the turbo's WAY too low, no core charge, all brand new internals, 64mm inducer, will handle 175 HP over a stock turbo with the same or better spoolup, probably better milage from lower drive pressure. Buy it now and wait til mine is installed. If you don't like it, send it back. Where else are you gonna get a brand new vgt turbo equivalent to elite's-ss's (not knocking them by any means), no core and for under $1,700? I paid well under but it may have been a buddy deal. Check it out, prices go up next month. it sounded perfect for my application. N ow I'm just hoping to be able to afford a set of 155's from trusted peeformance while I am at it...All brand new parts, no core, can't beat it...You guy rick, thanks again. Now if I could just fugure out who sabbotaged my cummins:(

Back