Is it possable??

I just want to know that it is possable to do with a LB7 ...What is it gonna take to do it??

IdahoRob has a 11.8 second daily driver LLY on #2 only.

I'll have one by the end of the month!

We drive Casper daily. Pat takes the kids to school in him every morning.

I find driving Casper is no different then driving Blue, as long as I keep my foot out of him, he is a friendly ghost :rockwoot:

The only problem we are going to have, is if we decide to put a roll bar in. Might have to have a custom back seat made. Then one hamster can sit in the front and one in the back.

The only thing I change between street and track is my torsion bar setting. My truck runs 12.7XX with basically a tune and a trans. Then there is the crazy trucks with real work done to them that go from street-able to scary at the flip of a switch.

I have been running my daily driver LB7 in the 12's for over two years. A good tune, trans and extra air mods will get you there provided you have all the incidental mods made to keep it reliable.

The LB7 or the LLY will get it done.

I don't have a second vehicle...

If I lived close to a 1/4 track it would be in the 11's.

Its made many mid 7 sec. 1/8 mile passes though...

Cool...Guys who else? I just want to know that if I was to pump the Cash into my truck to build it that it would be reliable enough for everyday use.

I think its just like anything else. Don't beat the sh!t out of it all the time and it will last. Some will last longer than others though. Look at Brandon Meyers' truck and how many 700-800HP + dyno runs that truck has been through and he's still on the stock motor. Tomac's truck has also been used a ton(over 100,000 miles on it) and its still kickin on the stock stuff.

Last edited:
its been almost a full 3 summers of pulling and 2 years of racing my truck. still on stock parts too, except for the turbo now. still got a 12.34 at 107 out of the stocker, and then drove 2hrs back home. drove 4hrs to merchants open house pulling a trailer just in case and ran a 12.28 at 109.8. ingredients: great tuning(tts) ats tranny, lift pump, air intake anything, exhaust too, parts to hold the frontend together, and a driver thats willing! dont forget to take that headlight out too!

touch racing said:
Then there is the crazy trucks with real work done to them that go from street-able to scary at the flip of a switch.

My truck is my only transportation. Kids to school, plow truck, and mountain hunting/tow rig.

Head to the track and load a tune, boom-low 12's, and with a little more attention to detail and good air, 11's are do-able.

Still very fun to drive with a mild tune.

Drive mine every day, just got back from a 3500 mile road trip from Oregon to Idaho to SoCal to Arizona, back to SoCal for racing at Fontana and up to Medford for more racing and home. Runs good and still get 17+ for mph on the highway.

Back