Is the Aisen transmissoin worth the extra money?

morkable

Just Over Broke
I am thinking about buying a new dodge dually. As I have been doing my due diligence, I noticed that you can get either the 68 rfe or the aisen transmission. But the Aisen is 2000 more money. Is it that much better of a tranny?

Thanks

They charge 1,800 for the 68rfe. Stock wise the aisen from prior years are better. Not sure about the new ones just yet.

My wife is making me get out of the 6.0 game,,, lol. Dodge has some pretty good financing on right now, and my new job will pay me a decent vehicle allowance,,, so I am definately thinking about it

The C&C's came with them in 2012 (I have one) their garbage, it's extremely sloppy vs a 68rfe. But that may just be because of the c&c and how they set them up. We bought it brand new and now has 19k miles on it so it hasn't been abused other than by me. Truck is deleted and all the good stuff if that would make a difference.

I have one in my 5500. I really like the transmission. With my tools and full of fuel the trucks grosses 19000. With over 100,000 on the clock fluid changes is all I have done. Which my 48re never thought of that!

Isnt the Aisin in the 2012 C&C the AS68 and the one in the 2013 the AS69?

Now it may be just promotional jargon, but supposedly the AS69 is more stout than the AS68. What changed to make it so, I am not sure.

Back