is there no such thing as a wide stanced 1st gen dodge

urbanluv

Looking for new wheels can't seem to fine a first gen with a wide stance anyone no why? The way they fit or what? Or is it no one likes that look on them

Probably because know one likes that look on them. I don't no, but that's my guess.

It's because they have narrow axles, my 18x12s stick out Mabey 2 1/2 inches 3 max in the front as I was running 1 1/2" spacers in the rear to make them match. I like a wide tire that actually fits the truck well. There is a kid I follow on Instagram who is going to be running 20x12s or 14s I can't remember with some ridiculous wheel spacers. I'm curious to see how it's going to turn out but I imagine its not a look that I and most people are going to like.

King pin wear/flex will probably be multiplied with the added leverage. Causing a goofy ricer camber, that I wouldn't find exceptable

I run 2" spacers on my 89 with my factory 06 wheels. King pins do not like the spacers.

I've always ran 37" sized tires.... all the way up to a 15" wide tire. I've never had a king pin wear out after I replaced the stock ones. Our king pins can handle more wear and stress than the newer stuff.

Here is the problem.... as stated above... we have narrow axles and it is nearly impossible to find wheels with the offset that we need. I had to search and search to find a -12mm offset for my truck. I still rub my steering arm when I turn to the right. I run 12.50s and they don't even stick out past the fender well.... at all.

Thanks guys what's the average wheel tire size combo ppm run just leveled

I've got 33x12.50s on 10inch wheels on one of my stock un-leveled first gens. They don't rub at all and are just about even with the fenders. Wheels are -14mm offset if I remember right.

Upgrading to 9/16" wheel studs is never a bad idea, I honestly would reccomend it to anyone running anything other than stock wheels. The stock 1/2" studs work ok, I've ran thick aluminum wheels on the short stock studs for quite a while years ago, but after my 92 went into tricycle mode, 9/16"studs for this guy. I'm running stock 2008 17's on my 91 with 1.5" spacers, and the tires barely stick out of the wheel wells.

[ame="http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/CumminsPower59/media/91%20W350/IMG_20140122_093832149.jpg.html"]IMG_20140122_093832149.jpg Photo by CumminsPower59 | Photobucket[/ame]

Check out @mopar1darrell on instagram. 22x18s I think. Truck is immaculate. Still in build process. Tons of pictures.

Cummins12club how much lift does yours have I don't think it said in your magazine feature. Congrats by the way beautiful truck. Doe you rub at all with the wide wheels and what's the offset on the fuels?

i ran 265/75/16's on 16 x 8 d-holes on my 93 d250 wished I would gone with the 285's had room for them..info for thought...early d350's had 5/8's studs that will fit in d250/350 1st gens... for w's the 9/16's studs I used wheel studs for the front of a 80's chevy 1ton single wheel with a dana 60 axle..fits the front and rear hubs

If you want pics of a wide-stanced 1st gen, check out Darrell Reese's truck. He goes by mopar1darrell on IG.

--Eric

Back