Is this truck worth buying?

oldblue116

I was on my way home the other day and seen a black qclb in a driveway with a for sale sign. I pulled over and the the owner came out and showed me the truck. It is a 1999 qclb with 182,xxx miles. Very sharp and clean truck. The bottom half of the truck has just had the rust repaired, and been repainted. It has the chrome stick-on chrome along the bottom half of it. It is an automatic with 10-15k on the rebuild with a new converter that he said was from bully dog? Said it's good to 600hp. Was not aware they made converters... New vp44 and new lift pump within the last 25-30k. New ball joints, hub assembly's, and brakes with 1,000 miles on them. 110hp injectors, banks intake, exhaust, tuner, and gauges. Stock ride height, and tire size with tires at about 35% life. I drove the truck and it rides good besides it needing aligned and has a clunk up front. Sounds like a bad control arm bushing to me. He wanted $7400, I got him down to $6800. I will hopefully be going back today to get pics. But I'n the mean time, what do you guys think? I would appreciate any advice!
Thanks , Mark.

One other downfall is the inside lip of the doors are rotting, so I would eventually need to fully replace them. But underneath does not look like a PA truck although it has been Herr all it's life I believe.

It sounds like a decent price if its not rotted, I just wouldn't put too much power to that tranny until you know what it actually has done to it

I actually planned on pulling the tuner off and just dd/tow my drag truck with it. I want to sell my Duallie. I'm sick of shifting gears lol

Back