ITPA Rules

sfulrath

I was wondering if anyone could help me find the ITPA rule for the 3.0 class. I want to start to pull with the group of guys. Right now i pul with ISP 6200super stock class. I have to do some mod to my truck this winter and want to set it up for ITPA. Thanks Scott

It will be ITPA in IL. I know that im going to have a lot of travel time, thats the worst part but they have alot more money to win. You know as i do that ISP is never going to get a heavery diesel class. Im tired of pulling in the 6200 class. Great guys and great trucks but its not for diesels. You cant use and of the torque.

Contact member extreme diesel He pulls in it you may know him hs name is Bill. All his trucks are setup for it. If you pulled ISP you have more than likely pulled with the truck that use to be Weekend Warrior but is now Cumminized Out that Ryan Whalen owns.

ITPA does have alot of money to win but you better have a good setup truck. Your gonna be pulling with some of the toughest 3.0 trucks in the country.

I hope i have a strong truck. My biggest problem is trying to get traction at 6200 lbs.

They just raised there prize to 2500.00 for the 3.0 class and had some rule changes the board has to approve them to be finnal.I,m shure that Bill will post the rules when he has them finnalized.

Dale

Im going to pull, IL itpa this year, trying to get the truck going now. Its true, these trucks are tough, pretty much mod motors with single 3inch chargers. Im getting ready to put in the motor and a rockwell rearend. Lots of time and money but i cant wait.

CMPA in missouri copied the ITPA rules last year, and co-sanctioned a few pulls with ITPA they are posted at http://www.cmpatristate.com look under rules they are towards the bottom, that should give you a good head start.

The 3.0 rules are the same in CMPA and ITPA.There are some rule changes that were made for the turbo's the wheel must go into the 3" opening .125 = 1/8",hitch the pivot pin can't be over 18" above the center of the rear axle and is still 26" hitch hight,and wheel base 158" max.
If any thing else has been changed will post it.
Bill,If I,m wrong please change it

Dale

Last edited:
Gonna have to do some checking on the 18'' pivot point over the rear axle. Unsure of what mine is. Should be ok I hope.

man bill thats kills us for pulling with itpa. me and scott were hoping to make some hooks down south. oh well

tony

sorry, we did this to keep in line with other groups
and yes you can remove the bed floor but must hang 200lbs

Back