its alive again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

txastuff79

well, i decided to take everything apart, exhuast, turbo, intake, ccv kit, the works. took the ccv kit off and put the old kit on, replaced the dipstick tube that i bent when i put the headers on, found out two of the bolts on the compressor housing of the garrett bb turbo were ihtting the pedestal causing it to never seal and oil to go everywhwere. i changed the turbo seals, pedastal seals, ground the bolts down about a 1/16 of an inch, maybe a 1/32. just enough to clear and have room for expansion if any. found out that the y pipe i got from ford was the wrong one so heated up the old one, drilled and easy outed the broken bolts. tapped the holes to make sure they were clean, put it on. put new up pipes and crush seals on. installed everything including the old cv kit. put my 6 positioin chip back in it. man, it runs like a dream. the best its ever run. i would love to hook up to a trailor or something. so strong. almost gave me wood. too bad i am in such a financial trouble due to the baby and all otherwise i would keep it. the doctor bills on top of the daycare is killing me. as long as we get her the right medical care for her disability, i dont care. she means more to me than a good running truck. wish i could trade her spots. heck, shes only 4 months old on the 16th. who knew you could care for someone that much. anyways... i just had to tell someone that dang, its running good and strong. and im gonna miss it when its gone. reminds me of a country song. oh well.

Last edited:
Hey man, a job well done is worth it no matter what you're working on.

A truck is a just a truck, but a child is something special.

Get rid of that thing and take care of your baby. What you learned and gained experience by doing all this work yourself will make the truck sell better, make you able to help others, and benefit you when you get the chance to get another truck back.

Good job.

its really hard to see something that precious as a new born baby go thru that much. the professionals say she has a mild case of radial displasia. only time will tell what in all will be needed. we are praying that she continues to grow and no surgery will be needed. one of these days ill post a pic or two. at first, i wanted a boy, but when we were told we were going to have a girl, i said fine... whatever. then she came. just lets my heart. children are just amazing. we will be headed back to dallas here in a fe months for a few days of tests. my see if we can all hook up and have a beer or something. shoot the s@@t for a bit.

Back