Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

Damn bro see what u can do in the 1/4 mile with the 5 speed ?? I have a drag truck kinda 5 speed 12v gonna try break 11s u should have no prob doing that. Truck sounds very strong. Good luck on build.

Too late, 5-speed has been out for a week. Only drove it once and I want to go faster than 11's. I know I wouldn't be close with a 5-speed.

Yeah, so you could race with me in your chevy, with the vp engine out of your truck and a g56:bang

You could have over-accelerated the turbo instead of oversped it....that'll toast em too. Good luck on the build, any idea what the truck weighs? You'll need big nitrous to hit 10s IMO, but I think it's possible.

What injectors are you gonna be using? I am going to be selling some big sticks after I dyno, I wanna dyno first to see how they do, and give you a sovp #2 only record to shoot for!

What injectors are you gonna be using? I am going to be selling some big sticks after I dyno, I wanna dyno first to see how they do, and give you a sovp #2 only record to shoot for!

I am running 6x18's and I think they will be all the fuel I will need.

Damn bro see what u can do in the 1/4 mile with the 5 speed ?? I have a drag truck kinda 5 speed 12v gonna try break 11s u should have no prob doing that. Truck sounds very strong. Good luck on build.

Good luck with that goal, I'd be impressed to see a mid 12 second pass, say 12.6 or quicker.

Edit, I'd be impressed to see a low 13 second pass out of your truck. And I'm not bashing your truck, it's just really, really, really, hard to get good elapsed times in the 1/4 mile with a 5 speed truck.

Probably the reason why anyone serious about drag racing a diesel pickup uses an automatic transmission the best way to get consistency and great elapsed times.

Good luck with that goal, I'd be impressed to see a mid 12 second pass, say 12.6 or quicker.

Edit, I'd be impressed to see a low 13 second pass out of your truck. And I'm not bashing your truck, it's just really, really, really, hard to get good elapsed times in the 1/4 mile with a 5 speed truck.

Probably the reason why anyone serious about drag racing a diesel pickup uses an automatic transmission the best way to get consistency and great elapsed times.

I know a 6 speed d max running a 11.8 and mega cab running a 12.7 and the mega was 765hp on that run and is now 902 hp so it can b done it's just easy with an auto we like doing something that alot of people can't/won't do

My 12v will run an 11.5 next year count on that

With a manual NV4500 5 speed?

As politely as I can put this...... You're out of your friggen mind!

And just because there is one D-Max running 11.8 with a much much smoother shifting ZF tranny with a "well practiced semi-pro driver" or a common rail with a much much smoother shifting Mercedes tranny running 12's, does not relate what-so-ever to your truck running 11.5 with a slow shifting NV4500.

What's the plan, get a quad disk clutch, launch it in 3rd gear and slip the clutch half way down the track, then power shift it to 4th and finally hit OD using an external unit such as a gear vendors overdrive?

Unless you do what I just listed plus build your motor to make 1100 HP, you aren't going to run an 11.5 ever, let alone next year.

You'd probably have more success building a true race truck and towing your truck to 11.5 than you will getting it to run that fast under it's own power through that NV4500 transmission.

I know a 6 speed d max running a 11.8 and mega cab running a 12.7 and the mega was 765hp on that run and is now 902 hp so it can b done it's just easy with an auto we like doing something that alot of people can't/won't do

My 12v will run an 11.5 next year count on that

What truck will this be? Weight? Etc?

And just because there is one D-Max running 11.8 with a much much smoother shifting ZF tranny with a "well practiced semi-pro driver" or a common rail with a much much smoother shifting Mercedes tranny running 12's, does not relate what-so-ever to your truck running 11.5 with a slow shifting NV4500.

What's the plan, get a quad disk clutch, launch it in 3rd gear and slip the clutch half way down the track, then power shift it to 4th and finally hit OD using an external unit such as a gear vendors overdrive?

Unless you do what I just listed plus build your motor to make 1100 HP, you aren't going to run an 11.5 ever, let alone next year.

You'd probably have more success building a true race truck and towing your truck to 11.5 than you will getting it to run that fast under it's own power through that NV4500 transmission.

The mega weigh is 8100lb with 765hp ran an 12.7 and the d max dyno 650 hp I believe. It can b done I love people telling me I can't so something just gives me a chance to prove u wrong

The mega is running a dd clutch and the d max is running a triple. And as far as shifting I have drove the mega I'm talking about and I can shift my truck just as fast If not faster. And will b doing this on a big dd and or maybe a triple have a dd in truck right now so will have to see if it holds.

Back