JB's Canadian Diesel Shootout - August 10th

Don't forget that we will be doing a live broadcast on Motor Mania Tv

http://motormaniatv.com/?page_id=324

1000923_556342621092898_1494676222_n.jpg

Tune in

A lot of good times and a few mishaps. Torrey almost broke a record 9.41 not backed up and the highest dyno run I heard which was early in the day was just under 800.

That was a fuel only 6.0 Ford of Ivans, Pretty darn impressive. Good to see you again Huck!

Devon, your truck was running real nice too.. too bad about the brain fart!

Just got home, long ass trip but totally worth it. Great turnout of trucks and fans. The Canadans love the diesels.

Levi Ballantyne from Boise/Bosman won Sportman with a large (40) truck field.

Verlon Southwick from Boise finally got out of his slump and won Super Diesel beating Nick Adamson on a hole shot and is not only 70 points behind Nick so still has an outside chance to catch him for the National Points Championship.

Pat Liskey from Boise won Super Street and is about 120 points ahead of Andrea Coddens so probably has that one pretty well locked up. Andrea broke early on so gave Pat some breathing room in the points race.

Prostreet was won by Jarid Vollmer from Bully Dog, he has that points race locked up.

Prostock was won by Aaron Schaff, nice to see that truck finally make some decent mid 9 passes down the track. Top Diesel was won by Dawna Kraus in a small cubic inch cummins (300 something) rail. Very cool dragster.

Wade Moody made the long trip from Maryland and had a couple of 7.7 sec passes. That truck is something to watch for sure. He had a crack in the manifold on one pass and an injector issue on the other but that truck hauls the mail for sure. He will be in Billings in 2 weeks so if you want to see a diesel run in the 7's come on out.

Rob Coddens in Mad Max/Hell Cameno is getting there, made a pass in the 9.80's finally getting it off the line a bit. Not bad for a single CP pump, and small injectors and absolutely no tuning on the suspension yet.

All in all a great event, always fun to go to Edmonton, certanily one of the top races in NHRDA.

It was a great turnout. I entered the fummins I just finished building in the show and shine, lots of nice trucks entered that. It was great to chat and catch up with lots of guys that I haven't seen all season. Next year hopefully my Dakota survives long enough to race this event!

A lot of good times and a few mishaps. Torrey almost broke a record 9.41 not backed up and the highest dyno run I heard which was early in the day was just under 800.

That was a fuel only 6.0 Ford of Ivans, Pretty darn impressive. Good to see you again Huck!

Devon, your truck was running real nice too.. too bad about the brain fart!

Yes, it was my 2003 Ford F350 with twins that did the 793 hp.
And Shawn drove it on Friday night at the track to a 12.206 @ 113.06mph with a 1.88 60 foot. (Truck had the spare tire removed, half tank of fuel, and 33" tires. We didn't even turn the mirrors in or air the tires down or even pull the tail gate...and...it was the first time Shawn had even sat in my truck.)

Had a great time, lots of sun, and met quite a few people from the forums.

Lots of fast truck and cars, and beautiful paint jobs...even some rattle can paint jobs looked pretty damn good. (Shawns race truck with the flat black and green looked great.)

Hope I can make it to more NHRDA events to meet even more people. My wife and Son had a great time too...too bad my daughter was working and couldn't make it.

them Canadians sure have some comfy asphalt, i slept great when i got back to the pits

yes i passed out in the pits in front of the truck (didn't know the truck was unlocked) and slept like a baby till the sun came up around 6am and the mosquito's came out

LOL Lance... I was going to go and introduce myself to you, but when I got over there you were gone (you were under the grandstand) you are very ninja like for a big man! lol

It was a great time up there as usual!!! We arrived after midnight on Friday night and couldn't get into the track so we camped just off the entry road. I saw Wade pulling into the entry road so I made sure to pull out before he got there! At the gate I asked the girl there to ask him if he is "THE Wade, Wade, Wade, Wade", and she did it! It was good to finally see Wade's truck run, and got to see it closer than he probably wanted when he and Curtis tore it down to fix the damaged head! Definitely an impressive truck, and it has more in it than the current best ETs show.

I made it to the 4th round in Sportsman ET before losing by 0.01 to Rony Vandenburg (who cut a 0.006 light that pass). We were both a bit off of our dial-ins as the wind was changing rapidly and we were hot-lapping. I'm hoping to test out a new tune to address the hot-lapping consistency before Billings.

Back