Jetta TDI info

hamlin

I Don't Know
Hey guys, I am looking at getting into a 2011-12 TDI most likely a 6 speed for my wife. I am looking for any advice or things to look for when looking at one. We are probably going looking this weekend. Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated! Thank you!

601a5f88-e416-92a8.jpg
601a5f88-e3af-efde.jpg
601a5f88-e3e9-4b1a.jpg
I have 2 JETTA TDI 2009, his and her nice cars great fuel mileage. Your wife will love it! Also have a Jeep Liberty CRD

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am looking at getting into a 2011-12 TDI most likely a 6 speed for my wife. I am looking for any advice or things to look for when looking at one. We are probably going looking this weekend. Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated! Thank you!
Definitely go 6 spd manual. The dsg automated manual is decent, but is still nowhere as reliable or predictable as a true manual trans. Put a stage one tune in from Revo or Malone and you'll have a blast with it. Depending on right foot habits, should be around 40-45mpg give or take a little.

Thanks! What do you average for fuel economy? Any troubles?

A buddy of mine just bought a 2010 Jetta 6spd. He's been getting 40-44 stone stock, and it only has 25k miles on it so it should keep increasing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I have been reading up on them a lot. That's what were after, max fuel economy 40 to 50mpg seems to be common. As far as maintenance goes, are there a lot of special tools involved? Also, anything specific to look for when test driving or checking one out? I've never been around vw before any input helps, thanks again!

I have a 2006 and love it, like said before there are some special parts you need for maintenance, like for timing belt and brakes, as far as i know as of now. lol

the only thing i would change is a sun roof, My girlfriend had a 2009 wolfsburg edition and i love the sun roof in it.

get a maunal if you want a tune on it, but if she likes automatic get the dgs, but no tune.

Going to look at a 2012 jetta tdi 6spd tomorrow morning. Does anyone have one of these in a northern climate? If so, how do they handle the winter is there much of a need to have a block heater?

Going to look at a 2012 jetta tdi 6spd tomorrow morning. Does anyone have one of these in a northern climate? If so, how do they handle the winter is there much of a need to have a block heater?

I have a 2010 Jetta TDI and have nt used any heater. Is in garage at night but outside all day when I am at work sites. I now add antigel as I almost had a no start and it was definately filter geling up. Once I used added this in the winter months car has been great. 28k and it is all stock. Has had factory 10k and 20k free check ups. Plan on getting the las free one at 36k and start my own maintenance from there on.

Very dependable vehicle so far. Fun to drive also.. I also choes the 6 speed and glad I did.

Brought it home on saturday... 2012 jetta tdi 6 speed the display has been reading 49.5mpg average already!

Dang, I have got to find a Jetta for a DD.

Are there any years that a person should look out for that may be a problem?

What kinds of issues should a person look out for when checking out a used TDI? I understand the timing belt has to be replaced for one.

I would probably want a maintenance record on a used one. I understand it's very important to keep clean oil in them and keep up in general maintenance. The way I read the manual is the way to go

Back