Joining the cool kids

Ordered up some 5 ply couplers for the intake and charge pipes and intercooler as well as some new clamps. Still waiting on the exhaust manifold, it should be here Friday. Started putting together other random parts of the truck last night. Drivelines, modified my exhaust so my tip tucks further underneath the bed and other misc stuff. Getting closer every day!

My exhaust manifold came in today!!!!
9u2e3e8e.jpg

I keep continuing this thread although I'm positive it's only for my entertainment now.

I used a propane torch to set it up..
Then used clear over it to attempt to keep it shiny.

Had I baked it, it would have been better..
But paint is still on there, just turned milky a bit with the heat..

If you cant get it hot, set it out in the sun during the day.

If it bugs me too much I'll just send it to Jet Hot and try to close my eyes when the total balance shows up. Ha

Did some final assembly today. Put on the manifold and top turbo, then plumbed it in. I'm satisfied so far.

ha4aby4y.jpg

Workin on it right now. Progress since I got home.
zuhegu6e.jpg

Mocking up the piping since I finally have a filter.
tuva8a4y.jpg

Had to modify the charge air pipe for the straight intercooler boots. Had to do the same on the opposite side.
u9u3ada7.jpg

Down pipe doesn't want to fit now guess I get to hammer the cab and re-do the damn thing. Going to have to get creative......

Well the trusty snap-on air hammer and some not so fancy fab work netted me a down pipe that fits. I didn't wen have to beat on the cab too much.
asazu2an.jpg

Back