July 16-17 Philpot, KY PPL pulls and Street Class

joez farmerboy

this was mentioned in another thread but i wanted to get a new one started. i know it is a little late but the Daviess Co. Fair is putting on a Lucas Oil PPL pull friday and saturday night. the pro pull is friday with a pro pull and light tractor and steet 8000 truck pull saturday night. i would love to see some of yall come to show the local boys how to pull a good street truck!!! i have a felling there are going to be several locals who have put programmers and boxes in the truck to make them smoke and think they will be able to pull a sled with no other mods. if you want to come and need directions just let me know and i will get you there. philpot is just 5-10 minutes outside owensboro, ky. hope to see some of you there.

I think where going to try in make this, where in the process of making some changes on the truck. New parts be here early next week. What the rules gonna be.
Thanks

rules are pretty much same as the sturgis pull but rookies will try to inspect trucks i think. this is the first year they are trying this and will probably let any of yall on here run. just bring a big enough hitch and lets have some fun. there will be an out of field tractor pull that night too and you will use the same sled as they do is how they have it set up now. maybe yall could talk them into the ppl sled if you want. if you have any other questions look on the KY Fair and Festival website and there is a contact number to call. hope to see some of yall there. i will be in stands cheering for you!!

the flyer i got said no hanging weights, no weight bracket on the truck. Truck must be drove on to fair grounds. Unload across the street. From the guy i talked to on the phone yesterday. Said they will not turn any truck away. This is frist time there having a street diesel class. No teching will take place besides hitch height and weight 8000 lbs Flyer had 7:30 start time.

the pull that i got the flyer on was for saterday. Im not sure if there pulling friday. Guys name was Wes Yeiser his phone number is 270-929-5140.

Fri:
Pro Stock 4x4 Truck
Super Stock Diesel
Super Farm Tractor
Light Super Stock Tractor

Sat:
12000lb Farm MPH LIMIT
14,500lb. Farm MPH LIMIT
11,000 OPEN FIELD NO LIMIT/NO P PUMPS
8000lb Diesel Trucks MUST BE DRIVEN

Hope to see Blair in you there Logan. Not sure how my truck will run. Going to give it a good check over tommorow. Blair get his truck lined out after the adjustment's before sturgis?

Street trucks are saturday I guess.

I gotta be on a plane sunday morning outa nashville so I don't think I'm gonna push my luck that far.

Back