Junkyard turbo 62mm Garrett

Mikesmithdmax

I have found a Garrett turbo off a international truck, the compressor housing/cover looks identical to an lly-lmm Garrett vvt, looks Like a t4 flange. non waste gated turbo.
Compressor: 12 Fins,
Inducer 62mm
Exducer 82mm
A/R .58
Exhaust : 10 Fins
Inducer 73mm
Exducer 64mm
A/r 1.1
I already have t4 pedostol off my old lbz when I had the 366 on it, do y'all think this turbo would be an upgrade to the stock lb7? What kinda power u think it'd make?
I can fab the stuff to make it work, I just don't know if it'd be worth the hassle lol,

The truck I'm thinking of trying it on is an 02 lb7 zf6 2wd truck, intake/exhaust stock turbo, stock injectors, lbz cp3, dd ceremic clutch. Areomotive lift pump.

I'd like to get around 600 with it on fuel, and on a budget lol, what would you do about a wastegate? Will it even be needed? I've got a turbosmart 38mm on the shelf?

I think all I'd have to fab would be a downpipe, and possibly an lly-lmm pipe will work. the way it looks the oil lines off a vvt will work also.

I'd like to get around 600 with it on fuel, and on a budget lol, what would you do about a wastegate? Will it even be needed? I've got a turbosmart 38mm on the shelf?
I doubt the stock oil supply and drain will work. The stock drain might, but you will have to cut it and extended it as it will not be tall enough IIRC. And you should get your oil supply from the main galley, down by the oil filter head. The stock IC pipe may work but it will need some modification. Thats a hard call on a wastegate. For safety sake i would run that 38mm but that will require a pedestal with a wastegate port, or if your pedestal is short, a spacer with a gate port could be added
600 on a stocker lb7? Tread lightly, your rods will thank you later.

Plenty of guys putting 600hp through a stock lb7, but it is playing with fire. It all depends on the tuning. Keep the torque under 1000ft lbs and make peak power as high as possible in the rpm range. My motor is 100% stock and has been making 600 to the wheels for almost 2 years

Thanks for the replies, yea I know 600 is like walking on ice, especially with a 7 that has 200k haha, it's just a cheap ole truck I've been playing with, only gave 3500 for the thing which was a steal, someone done Injectors recently in it, already had exhaust and intake, I've done the other mods in last few weekends, I figure I'll stick most my extra/spare parts on it and drive the hell out of it. Keep the miles off my lbz haha. I've tuned a few 600 hp level trucks, it's a rush!! I' may take it to the track occasionally, if I could shift it fast enough it feels like a 12 sec ride right now, it weighs right at 6,000 lbs with me and a few tools in the bed. And on my max effort tune I'd guess it's around 530 hp as it sits now,

I doubt the stock oil supply and drain will work. The stock drain might, but you will have to cut it and extended it as it will not be tall enough IIRC. And you should get your oil supply from the main galley, down by the oil filter head. The stock IC pipe may work but it will need some modification. Thats a hard call on a wastegate. For safety sake i would run that 38mm but that will require a pedestal with a wastegate port, or if your pedestal is short, a spacer with a gate port could be added

Plenty of guys putting 600hp through a stock lb7, but it is playing with fire. It all depends on the tuning. Keep the torque under 1000ft lbs and make peak power as high as possible in the rpm range. My motor is 100% stock and has been making 600 to the wheels for almost 2 years

What's your rev limiter set on? Also what's the max pw y'all would go on a stock injector? I've had 3300 on a few lb7s but that's far as I wanted to go...

What's your rev limiter set on? Also what's the max pw y'all would go on a stock injector? I've had 3300 on a few lb7s but that's far as I wanted to go...

What rev limiter? lol i have it set to shift at 3600 now. My biggest tune is 3300 uS and 33* of timing. McRat has ran over 4000uS and close to 40* and there are alot of other guys that have ran over 3500uS. Its just hot as hell and not efficient at all. It all depends on what your cp3 will support and how much you care about windowing your block.

With an auto the rev isn't as imprtant, Im running a 2001 os on it now, witch dosent have a rev limit table, but It's still squirting fuel at 4600, I missed 4th gear other day showing off, I thought it was gonna grenade then lol, but under load fades out around 31-3200 with the stock lbz pump. Ive got a spare on the shelf I've been playin with, all the drill and grind mods possible, plus I shimmed the internal regulator up to what I hope is 120psi

Back