Just bought a Dmax...

Laramie4x4

I'm still FASTER
Hey guys.. well today I had my parents buy me a 2002 Dmax.. extended cab short box... reallt clean on the outside its kinda like a partiot blue color... grey leather.. interior needs some refreshment but I already started ordering new carpet and headliner and new leather... it has 270,000 miles on it but drives sound as can be.. I only paid 7,000 for it.. and I work for ATS so if it decides to die I have the ability to fix it rather quickly.. but I'm setting it up for my new DD/tow truck to pull my 06 Dodge CR around... anything I should do right away.. stuff I should stay away from.. I will make it have some power and I know the motor will come out and necessary things will be addressed.. but any hep would be great I'm new to the Dmax stuff.. so don't bash me to hard!!!!!

Congrats. Only thing I would do is check the balance rates or at least find out the last time it had injectors. Other than that they're good engines.

Hey guys.. well today I had my parents buy me a 2002 Dmax.. extended cab short box... reallt clean on the outside its kinda like a partiot blue color... grey leather.. interior needs some refreshment but I already started ordering new carpet and headliner and new leather... it has 270,000 miles on it but drives sound as can be.. I only paid 7,000 for it.. and I work for ATS so if it decides to die I have the ability to fix it rather quickly.. but I'm setting it up for my new DD/tow truck to pull my 06 Dodge CR around... anything I should do right away.. stuff I should stay away from.. I will make it have some power and I know the motor will come out and necessary things will be addressed.. but any hep would be great I'm new to the Dmax stuff.. so don't bash me to hard!!!!!

:what:

So you're who beat me to that truck :poke:. Lol! Looked like a decent truck. Only think I'll bash ya for is working at the Purple Palace :badidea: :poke:.
You sledpull that 06 CR?

He'll be pulling the d-max and making the dodge the trailer puller in due time.

So you're who beat me to that truck :poke:. Lol! Looked like a decent truck. Only think I'll bash ya for is working at the Purple Palace :badidea: :poke:.
You sledpull that 06 CR?

HAHAHAHA... I never thought I would own one but its nice... needs new leather.. ordered a headliner and carpet some interior panels... going to make it look new... trans is in good shape.. as well as most other things but the front diff seals are blown and upper ball joints and tie rods... I have started building one of our stage 6 tranies.. and I changed all the fluids and put a diff cover on it and our 4" exhaust.. getting new wheels and tires.. but I guess I have to lift it to clear 305/55R20's.. which kinda stinks... but I'm happy with it... and heck no.. I don't sled pull.. I watch!! my Dodge doesn't tread on dirt!!! I might pull in work stock with my Dmax though!!!!

congrats on being a rich kid... I guess my advise would be to not piss off your parents. that way if anything goes wrong with the truck, they'll fix it! :D

HAHAHAHA... I never thought I would own one but its nice... needs new leather.. ordered a headliner and carpet some interior panels... going to make it look new... trans is in good shape.. as well as most other things but the front diff seals are blown and upper ball joints and tie rods... I have started building one of our stage 6 tranies.. and I changed all the fluids and put a diff cover on it and our 4" exhaust.. getting new wheels and tires.. but I guess I have to lift it to clear 305/55R20's.. which kinda stinks... but I'm happy with it... and heck no.. I don't sled pull.. I watch!! my Dodge doesn't tread on dirt!!! I might pull in work stock with my Dmax though!!!!

You shouldn't have to lift it to clear 305/55/20's. I ran them on an 05 for awhile. Just trimmed the front inner fenders some.

Sweet well we shall see in a few days... I'm going to build another motor for the truck.. I want a solid 600 hp.. so I can tow with it still and be reliable... plus 0 miles on an engine instead of 280,000

Back