Just bought a first gen

travu25

What's going on. I own a lly dura max and my buddy was selling his first gen and I loved that truck so I bought it. Catch is there is some issues. First the overdrive doesn't work, I know it can't be the clutches the tran was just rebuilt less than 500 miles ago. The sensor on the transfer case I tries going to local auto store and they don't sell them could any of y'all give me a part number also speedo doesn't work nor does the odometer. Turn signals don't work either I'm looking for help haha thanks

The OD and speedo run off the Vehicle Speed Sensor, VSS. Most times, the VSS is on a gear ratio box. Go to http://transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm and 3/4 of the way down is GM / Dodge / Ford Ratio Adapter. The VSS I have not experienced actually going out, it is usually the ratio box.

Odo drives off of the speedo so that is why it doesn't work.

Turn signals can be anything. Try replacing the turn signal relay first.

How about some pictures too... and exactly what he ^ said! Oldestof11 knows his first gen stuff.

speed sensor or wiring I had trouble with both on the 93 I used to drive as for the turn signals make sure the flasher can hasn't fallen out of the fuse block ended up gluing it in on my truck

Okay so I replaced my headlight switch got that working again, now my brake lights don't work turn signals don't either I replaced all the fuses with new ones I double checked the correct amps on the fuse, I replaced both little silver can things

Check the fusible links near the grid relay on the driver's fender.
Even though these may LOOK good, tug on them, if the insulation stretches or breaks, you probably found the culprit.

Oh yeah, welcome to 1stgen hell. ;)

Mark.

Last edited:
^^^ That is the place I would look! I had no marker lights at all, that cluster of wires is prone to corroding and causing a hell of a headache.

Between that and the hack job below the dash the PO made what a b****,!!

Definitely yank on those fusible link wires. A beat one will stretch.

I got my o.d. working off a switch.

Welcome to the fraternity.LOL

Back