Just courious!!!

02fuelhog

I'm going to Missouri in a few months on a hunting trip[950 miles one way] and i have a few questions. I'm trying to see if i could change anything to get better fuel milage.
Everything in my sig is up to date on my truck.I'm not sure if the hx-35 is in the sig though.
1. If i unplug the wire tap for the comp box what does it do and will it help out with mpg's?
2. What kinda oil should i run, and would changing the gear dope and tranny dope help at all?
I get about 17.5-18.5 around town and to -from work with 10-12 mile's of that being interstate. I know all interstate driving will be beter than that.I'm just trying to get all that i can. [arent we all]

Will either of the qustions help me at all? I figure the hx-35 prolly hurts the most but i don't have funds for fixin that right now.

Any help and or addvice is very much appriciated!
Thanks,Stephen

i would run the comp on 5x1-3 with the wire tap!

run synthetics all around!

Stay under 70mph or 2000 rpms!

make sure air filter is clean before you go!

you should be able to gross low 20's with 35's and small sticks

If you have not switched the gear oil over to synthetics this will be your biggest gain. I did mine to amsoil over a year ago and picked up almost 1mpg. I did the motor and the total combine mpg for me was just over 1mpg. But don't get to do much highway driving this was comparing my normal driving. A light foot helps, and a constant speed really makes these things get some good mpgs. If your trans it do for a service it's can't hurt to change it over too.

You'll never get low 20's with 35" tires... trust me, I know. Id' say you are on the right track though, I would leave the comp hooked up and try the lower settings, 1 or 2. Synthetic oils will help too, but you'll never get the money back you spend on it in fuel savings. Though it will be better for your engine.

By the way, where you going in MO? I assume deer hunting?

You'll never get low 20's with 35" tires... trust me, I know. Id' say you are on the right track though, I would leave the comp hooked up and try the lower settings, 1 or 2. Synthetic oils will help too, but you'll never get the money back you spend on it in fuel savings. Though it will be better for your engine.

By the way, where you going in MO? I assume deer hunting?

when i worked on the road, I had jammer 2's and a comp which i ran on 5x3, with 35" toyo's and I grossed around 23mpg! so it can be done!

I think the town is Blithesdale MO or something like that and yes deer hunting.
I drove my truck on vacation a couple of years ago and i got 22.5 with the juice and attitude, stock stix, stock clutch, 35's, exhuast and intake was just a k/n replacement filter.
Around town mpg's didn't change much when i put the comp box on it and added the stix.
Do ya'll think the heavier DD clutch will hurt my highway mpg? I don't think it will but i'm just curious.

Thanks for the advice and help!!!

alot of good mileage is keep around 18-1900rpm and set the cruise. stop and go and alot of accelrating and slowing down kill mileage i get 17mpg driving 85mph down the interstate on long trips but get 21-22mpg on highway goin 55-60mph.

Back