just installed moog track bar

scott2001

Its never fast enough
I was going to use the lukes link i brought a couple months back, but when i tried to get the cottor pin out she didnt want to work so i call Advanced Auto parts. They carried Moog track bars in stock, Also one of my sway bar links fell about when i was removeing it. So now i got new moog sway bars and track bar.
The road test suprized me some the road was bad to say the lest and the steering it did feel tighter but also kind of grappy, I looked everything over again it all seemed fine. The rest of the steering looked ok, had already put a new steering gear box on.
hope fully it will i guess you would say broken in. In a few days.

I tried about every track bar made. I ended up going with the 3rd gen conversion. It was the best $400 I've spent on my truck.

cummins724 what do you know about the thuren track bar?

I have the DT pro fab bar.. it WILL be getting swapped out for one of these... http://sourceautomotive.biz/1994-2002dodgenon-adjustabletrackbar.aspx

At the time, it was the ****.. But it was pretty much the only one as well. The bar is just way too light weight. I know of others had the threads strip and came apart because of the thin walled tubing. The heim didn't last very long. And the bushings I got in the rebuild kit are junk...

Jeff does that bar require the 3rd gen conversion bracket? The price is right. On the other hand. The DT track bar in my brothers truck is about 3yrs old and hasn't required any service. It also just survived a 35mph head on with a small ash tree....

got everything doubled checked, front end was bad out of line. Drives so much better now. Everything is nice and smooth

Jeff does that bar require the 3rd gen conversion bracket? The price is right. On the other hand. The DT track bar in my brothers truck is about 3yrs old and hasn't required any service. It also just survived a 35mph head on with a small ash tree....

you still need to buy the bracket on top of that.. My bar has about 3.5 years on it. And I'm certainly not a "gentle" driver.. Back then I was just happy to have the cool new track bar to ditch the stocker. That has since warn off and reality kicked in.. It's not as great as I remember..

Back