Just Kicking Around Ideas

Carbur8tr

Looking for thoughts on somewhat affordable and fun setups for strip and some street. Goal is to keep it street legal, but doesn’t have to be. Street manners are not important, but it would be nice to have something that doesn’t piss people off if I’m out for a stroll.

Right now I’m leaning on mechanical but I’m curious to hear what everyone’s thoughts are.

Small list, but feel free to make your own and dream if you will.

Short bed 1500
12 or 24v motor
12mm nothing special
Single, size will depend on the pump
Transmission (not going cheap here) probably manual vb for starters
Start with 2wd maybe go 4 later

Anyways, I know these thread come up from time to time but these days things have changed so much in the market I’m not really even sure if it’s still much cheaper to go mechanical vs common rail. Thoughts are appreciated.

There was a red single cab short bed rolling chassis for sale on here for a long time, it was all setup for the track but could easily be street drove too. I don't think it ever sold, might wanna dig back through the for sale threads. The price was right

There was a red single cab short bed rolling chassis for sale on here for a long time, it was all setup for the track but could easily be street drove too. I don't think it ever sold, might wanna dig back through the for sale threads. The price was right

Appreciate it, I’ll try to find the post.

Any thoughts on common rail vs mechanical for this project?

It all depends on what you want more than the other. Mechanical will be cheaper and easier to work on yourself (not having to pay tuner every time you change something). Also depending on where you live mechanical you can do a lot more modifications to and not have to smog. I live in cali so that is a huge deal for me. Common rail you get a lot better drive ability with the bigger fuel with being able to fine tune. Although, PDD has the AFC live and that seems like a really cool setup to control smoke output. If I personally wasn't doing something other than a cummins (LB7 DMAX) I would be going with a mechanical. :rockwoot:

My old single cab shorty was fun.... 12mm,5x018's, 467, manual vb 2wd. Although it wouldn't hook for crap on the skreet

Back