Just purchased a 03 Dmax want some input

Heck of a price! Wanna make a grand on the deal? :D

I think all advise given thus far is sound. PPE (especially if you are getting it for $200) or EFI Live are your two best options regardless of what power level or use you are looking for with your truck IMO.

C-ya

talked to my buddy today and he is already sold the ppe, do any of you guys have one forsale? from what you guys are telling me i'll be taking the edge ez off and finding it a new owner for it also. what would be a good price for the ez.

200K+ and you are on your own with injectors. besides that you will be fine.

edge is junk on LB7 motors... dont know if edge ever got the random shut downs fixed for it...there are several thread in archive about it on diesel place.. servel people had it happend whill towing 5'ers with family going down a grade...

PPE/efi live is best bets especially if you got inj in there already between these two tuners there is no point in stacking tuners.

90hp injectors will max the stock turbo out quick and in a hurry.

also a tranny SC3 or equivilant will do wonders even on a mild tuned truck ;)

shift kit are junk and dont fix the problem for allisions

tie rod sleaves and cognitio braces for the front. especaily when you plan on puting a ~200lb bumper on the front

and nice score on the truck :Cheer:

stock injectors will more then max out a factory turbo

its was only 26 yesterday and it only 35 today and its blue smoking a little when warm. it had the edge jucie on it with no gauges and was missing a littler and i took it off and it stopped the missing. im fixing to hook up to scan tool to see if all injectors are fireing before i order any. I would like a large set in it then factory but pensacola fuel injection has a kit for 1300 new seal vavle cover gaskets glow plugs. has any one ran them and they have a 1 year warranty also. what your guys in out on them i've never purchased there stuff alway industrail.

My uncles have bought several items from Pensacola for their Cummins with good success. They seem to be reputable.

I wouldn't be to sure on your injectors being bad yet. Our LB7 smokes alot of blue in the colder weather compared to the LBZ. You need to hook up a tech II or efi and check your balance rates before you go drop the cash for injectors. If you do need them I see NO need for over bore of any kind. The stockers will carry you past the 500 RWHP mark with EFI.

BTW awsoem grab on that truck

i ordered new ones today from pensacola for 1300 bucks, truck runs fine but just blue smoke when warm up but it been cold the last few day. it got up to 38 today. I cleaned air filter and put new fuel filter on it plus some fuel treatment. I put it on the acturon scanner i have and the only code i found was cam postion sensor. I cleared it and hasnt came back it didnt show any missfires. I dont know if i should cancell injectors or go ahead and swap them. Im gonna try to call gm monday to have vin ran to see if its had injectors put in. vavle covers have silver rtv on them.

i ordered new ones today from pensacola for 1300 bucks, truck runs fine but just blue smoke when warm up but it been cold the last few day. it got up to 38 today. I cleaned air filter and put new fuel filter on it plus some fuel treatment. I put it on the acturon scanner i have and the only code i found was cam postion sensor. I cleared it and hasnt came back it didnt show any missfires. I dont know if i should cancell injectors or go ahead and swap them. Im gonna try to call gm monday to have vin ran to see if its had injectors put in. vavle covers have silver rtv on them.

i would have the balance rates checka nd see what kinda condition their in...but if you plan on keeping the truck for some time chances are they'll go bad sooner or later so its up to you

im well aware of what stock can and will do:Cheer:

i know i was just telling the op:Cheer:

aight guess im gonna go ahead and change injectors beens i done ordered them friday. whats the tq spec's on the injector on the LB7. Im replacing all the seals etc. is there any thing that i need to know when doing them tuesday.

Are you replaceing the cups aswell? The biggest thing is to make sure you get those cups seated so they don't leak on you.

Dang Jordan good deal... Changing the Injectors on that truck is a pain. I'd have the Ballance rates before I change em out....If your Injectors are good you'll thank me for that later. Good Luck!

I'm always pretty leary of not replaceing the oring on the cups. It's a real pain in the ass when you get the whole job done and then find you have a cup leaking

What should the balance rates be on the injectors, its been running decent with a little blue smoke up tell tonite on way home and it had no get up and go. wasnt missing at idle but was up around 2k, I put it on my actutron scan tool and came up with nothing. I havnt put injectors in it yet. been holding off to get balance rates checked. Wish i hadnt cancelled order from pensacola fuel injection now and just got it over with.

What should the balance rates be on the injectors, its been running decent with a little blue smoke up tell tonite on way home and it had no get up and go. wasnt missing at idle but was up around 2k, I put it on my actutron scan tool and came up with nothing. I havnt put injectors in it yet. been holding off to get balance rates checked. Wish i hadnt cancelled order from pensacola fuel injection now and just got it over with.

+/- 4 is the max.. at 160*+ coolant temp
this is at idle in P/N
shouldnt be much of a change in gear.

Back