Keep blowing fuses?

SamW

I am going to be on my third FASS 150/180 in 2 months after this. Not at all what I was expecting. I just started blowing fuses on my pump again, havent even had the time to mail back the core on the last pump. Is there something else external that could cause this? I wasnt able to drive more than 5-10 miles onthe last pump before blowing fuses and not more than 2 weeks later am having the same issue. all wiring looks good, good grounds and everything and I am just out of ideas. is it just bad luck on these?

I am going to be on my third FASS 150/180 in 2 months after this. Not at all what I was expecting. I just started blowing fuses on my pump again, havent even had the time to mail back the core on the last pump. Is there something else external that could cause this? I wasnt able to drive more than 5-10 miles onthe last pump before blowing fuses and not more than 2 weeks later am having the same issue. all wiring looks good, good grounds and everything and I am just out of ideas. is it just bad luck on these?

Well.....that many failures in that short amt of time (especially 5-10 miles of running on a new pump) has my curiosity peaked. I would like to explore a few things and get that core back here for inspection so I can see what might have caused the failure…might give us insight to what is going on. But a few things:

Are you running the draw tube in the tank?

Are you running anything besides diesel in your fuel?

Give me a shout up here and lets see if we can figure out what is going on. It is VERY unusual to see this many failures in this short amt of time….

Edit: just talked to you on the phone....

thanks for your help Dan you guys have great tech support

pump is back at it again. this is the 4th pump ive been through in 6 months...this time I had the spare in my truck and had to change pump 1000 miles away from my house on in a rest stop in NJ. anyone have any solutions to what is causing this? Need to get this issue resolved otherwise ill be going to the airdog 2.

Back