Lack Of Power (help!!!)

justacummins

Certified Ford Diesel Tec
Hey guys, My friend has an 03 dmax and it spends its life on the farm he has a bullydog triple dog on it and recently it has no power (he says its gutless now) He has changed the fuel filter and air filter and still nothing, We removed the bully dog thinking that might be the problem and it didnt change anything, Im just trying to get some ideas to help him out.
Thanks

ya there were a couple codes I cant rember off hand what they were but i know one said something about rail pressure

Ok guys more info.
Its and 03 Dmax with with 150,000 miles on it, it has a bully dog triple dog on it, 4in. exh no cat, new injectors last yr sometime, changed all fluids and filters and also changed the fuel pickup sending unit.
Codes present are:
P0802
P1093
P1094
P1621
Thanks ahead of time.

loss of power

dose the truck have rough idle or lopy idle if so eplace fuel rail presure sensors had one with same problem at the shop some one washed engine and wrecked sensor put new ones in and solved poblem i think they were 110 dolars from dealer a side could be wrong on price good luck:bang

Code: P0802
Modules: ECM, PCM
Description: Transmission Control Module (TCM) MIL Request Circuit
Code: P1093
Modules: ECM
Description: Fuel Rail Pressure Low During Power Enrichment
Code: P1094
Modules: PCM
Description: Fuel Rail Pressure Low During Idle or Decel Fuel Cut-Off (DFCO)

Code: P1621
Modules: ECM
Description: Control Module Long Term Memory Performance

What do you have for tools? Do you have a scanner with bi-directional controls?
You need to check what the vacuum is at the test port on the passenger side head. If it is less then 6in/hg then you will need the scan tool to monitor RP. At idle command full pressure and see what the pump will put out.

Back