landcruiser sled pulling

thanks surprised me especially since the sled didnt change from the hot gas class i pulled in to the 2.6 class if i can find a converter that holds better i can run a better gear

cool. If you need parts for that thing let me know! my dad has tons of parts and a fj45 :D

That was unexpected. May I ask you limit the camera operators caffeine intake a little bit?

yea it shocked everyone, 71 landcruiser, 12v p pump, built turbo 400, 205 tcase, 14bolt rear, dana 60 front, air to water intercooled, 3 linked front and rear, sitting on airbags, all only weighing 4800lbs. i built it for tug a truck and just as a toy, its 3rd in points right now soon to have nitrous when i can get a converter to hold what its already got. and sorry about the camera found video of it on youtube dont know who filmed it.

I got the hopping under control. Started adding just enough air to raise it off the bumpstops and bounce is gone. It was pretty bad there for awhile

I don't know if this was the same pull, but atleast you're not puking by the time the video is over.. LOL It's the 2nd truck

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQXGNcZOkrM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQXGNcZOkrM[/ame]

Damn thats cool!! Sweet rig man.

I'd like to see what a period Yota diesel could do when highly worAked over. Wouldnt expect much, just for fun.

On a side note- Less cocaine for the camera operator. Maybe a tripod. Haha.

Last edited:
that other video is alot better does anyone know who can build a good t400 converter that can hold a 12v when the tires stopped turning at the end it wasnt slipping the trans

I was at the pull, was shocked when I saw you were gonna hook then even more shocked at the show you put on! Very cool FJ

thanks who woulda thought that short of wheelbase would do that good i was figuring it was goin to bounce around

I almost did a 12valve in my CJ but didnt due to the weight. Im kinda wondering if I should now. Its going to have a vortec 5.3 with about 330hp but Im a diesel nut.

i ran it last year with original leaf springs 3/4 ton axles and a turbo 350 all it had was a spring over and it sat level drove it alot and rode great, even fourwheeled it some, it never felt like the front was too heavy but the toyota frames are pretty heavy duty, i wish i had a trans with overdrive but since the wheelbase is so short i was limited on my options. for the t400 to fit i moved the 12v all the way forward and put the radiator under the back of the truck above the rear axle.

You could use a convertor out of an Allison AT-545, should help out a bit, that was what all the old RV's did for more pulling power.

Back