Last LSR race of 2008:

Kat

Married to Mr Big Mouth
Quoted from my husband -

Last LSR race for 2008 was today at El Mirage Dry Lake in California. We showed up ready to crack the whip. We ran it on the dyno to 198mph with no problems last Wednesday, and got the truck tech'd to go up to 200mph.

Well, we got skunked again. Seems we have a problem that I can't figure out yet. We ran 154.x with the engine shutting down on Saturday, then on Sunday it ran really hard, and then shut down so completely that I just popped it in neutral and coasted out to a 120 something pass. Why it's doing it is still a mystery. Time for more testing. Here's a video of the Sat pass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V12xEr8wW8

But, we did OK for a first year. First season running LSR, we set the Bonneville B/DT record, then the El Mirage B/DT record, then had 2 poor showings in the final 3 weeks. We moved up to starting grid #70 at El Mirage which is not bad for a rookie.

Lots of diesel folk were out there to help us and cheer us on, and I'd like to thank them one and all. Hope I don't forget anyone:

Johnny
Ralph
Jeremy
Jason
Greg
Tommy

and like to thank Robert, Mike L, Guy, and the rest of the Duramax community. And thanks to the SCTA, the Roadrunners, and the other LSR racers and clubs for providing a venue for LSR racing. It's the greatest show on Earth.

Casper has always been a team effort based on "group think" from some of the smartest folk around. For as little as is done to it, it runs pretty good. I'd like to thank all of you that have contributed on Internet boards for ideas and info and encouragement. It wasn't that long ago that the LLY was considered an inferior, non-competitive engine, but I think that opinion has been to rest once and for all. 2008 saw some absolutely stunning performances by LLY's in virtually all forms of diesel competition, and I was glad to play a role in it.

Thanks out to Inglewood Trans, PPE, Garrett, High Tech, Suncoast, SoCal Diesel, Banks, Wicked Diesel, Westech, and the other shops who provided the diesel community with high performance goodies to make it all possible. Especially with threats by the EPA to halt diesel hotrodding, it's great to have folk who still believe that America is still the hotrod capital of the world and should remain that way.

The 2009 LSR season starts about May. Our target is Bonneville Speedweek on August 8-14, 2009. We are going to do our best to go 200mph in a street legal LLY Duramax.

But first, we are taking Casper back to the dragstrip to have some fun with it, and maybe even a sledpull or two if something comes up while we wait for the 2009 season to begin.

Again, thanks out to all of you. Could not have done it without you. :hug:

Last edited:
Opps! Can't edit.

Thanks also to EFILive for providing tools for diesel hotrodding.

Back