Late CR pistons in early CR??

Oh CHIT! 5 melted spots, I didnt catch that. Gary you ran 05 nozzles with 03 pistons? Why?.

My motors still running but I m building a new one...

I found that pic with google.

So is this right??

The 305hp 143* is spraying the outside of a smaller bowl
The 325hp 124* is spraying the inside of a wide bowl

bigger angle = wider

Or am I backwards

Isnt the 6.7 something like 147*

If 155* would work in an 04.5+ piston at 36* really what would be best would be the 154* of a 24v that will not fit my bodys.....

and the 6.7 nozzles still wont fit my bodys?????

If im correct in all of this spray angle stuff would you not be able to run more timing with the 143* ??? not that I want to really go over 36*

If my math is right it is possable to run ~38*-40* with a smarty and TST, and have run it this way with very good results (while sled pulling)....

Alot of IFs in there....

This info used to be here but has been deleted

I have now learned to save any usefull info on my computer.

I know about the 480 piston>>>>>

Is it not available anymore?

Like Weston said, the larger dia. bowls allow much earlier SOI, with late model bowls, 1.5 in something radius and 124 deg nozzle you can start injection in the low 40 deg before TDC. Smaller bowl of earlier CR's, limits earlier SOI because they spray outside of bowl. I think that is why the late models tend to melt more they have the fuel injected earlier and the heat sits in the bowl longer.

You cannot use the 6.7L nozzle on a 5.9L body, it will fit, but the 6.7L nozzle has a 3.5mm guide whereas the 5.9L has a 4mm guide. Your best option would be the QSB480 nozzle since it is Sac type, but there is almost no availability.

Back