Launch Analysis

bgreen776

White Collar Fabricator
A few small things could have put me in the 10's last weekend, the easiest for me to accomplish on my own would be traction bars/ladder bars/4 link. This video shows a series of launches from 18-25 psi on some Nitto 420S 305/50R20's at 30-25 ish psi in the front, and 18 in the rear. Shocks are definitely in my future. Not sure on the rest, its early, and I have lots to think about.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHxoRQjYJTg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHxoRQjYJTg[/ame]

This is my best slip, I normally run 11.2's or 11.3's with a 1.70x 60' time.

It's kinda hard to see in the videos, but you may notice the puff of smoke coming off the front tires. This is at 20 psi boost, on good track prep, and though it spins hard, I net by best runs.

upeqy5e7.jpg

Last edited:
The nitto's won't run a much faster 60'. i've averaged 1.65, no hopping and minor steering corrections with the oem diff.

To get a better 60' its going to be more related track prep. i see 1.60 once right after a good clean and spray

Thats good to know. Thank you. Is your truck a crew cab as well? Do you have ladder bars or anything like that, or just stock suspension?

I really take pride in being the fastest vehicle on purely street tires at the track. Not as much as whooping up on mustangs, novas, chevelles, porches, and camaros, though. Even if I run drag radials next year, I need to be more consistent. I probably won't enter for points, but I would like to take a check or two home some day. There is good money to win King of Street. :evil

QuadCab Long box, rancho 9000's on the stiff side. cal-tracks and a few blocks removed to lower the rear. The caltracks were adjust to make contact with the leaf early on. With me, it's right around 7015#

I haven't gotten to the track yet this year, my 420's are on their last summer for sure. I do have a locker in the rear end. Once it's back from getting the head gasket taken care of I plan to make a track day to finally get that 10.90 slip.

What's with the ET at 594 feet? Well if in fact the track prep is good and you say and the DA must be excellent with the elevation and air temp, I would think a 10 sec pass should be pretty easy. What does the truck weigh with you in it? Weight is your primary enemy. Shed as much as you can. Tail gate, spare tire and tire carrier, rear bumper, back seat, passanger's seat and center council if that is your front seat configeration.

IMHO. If you need to spend an hour to two to "lighten your vehicle" removing things you actually need day to day (or legally need, like a bumper) to go racing to achieve a certain number it's kinda pointless to call it "street". eh.

meh. Semantics.

I normally don't run with the tailgate daily, Took the spare off years ago and sold it. I do spend 120 seconds to remove the subwoofer box and that's it. Try to get to the track with 1/4 tank of fuel, air down the tires a bit and have fun.

Last edited:
What's with the ET at 594 feet? Well if in fact the track prep is good and you say and the DA must be excellent with the elevation and air temp, I would think a 10 sec pass should be pretty easy. What does the truck weigh with you in it? Weight is your primary enemy. Shed as much as you can. Tail gate, spare tire and tire carrier, rear bumper, back seat, passanger's seat and center council if that is your front seat configeration.

The 594? I don't know, what do you see? Forgive me, I am very new to this.

The truck is probably 7300 lbs with me in it. It was 7200 before I built the roll bar and gutted the floor mat and head liner, and built the drive shaft loops. My 11.06 run was at less than 1/8 tank. The back seat has been out all summer. I pulled the spare, hitch, and rear bumper before the season started this summer. This is the first time I ran my tailgate, thinking that it might help aerodynamics on the big end, and traction on the line. I haven't pulled the passenger seat or center console because we like to drive it to town to get groceries, fuel, etc, during long race weekends. But... I should have. Right after I did that 11.04 pass I should have yanked that crap out and aired down more.

I'd like to dump the front bumper and replace it with a sport bumper cover this winter.

Maybe the track prep wasn't good, but it felt a lot better than Saturday when all they raced was test and tune, and king of the street. All the points races started on Sunday, so they prepped the track a lot better before they started running.

IMHO. If you need to spend an hour to two to "lighten your vehicle" removing things you actually need day to day (or legally need, like a bumper) to go racing to achieve a certain number it's kinda pointless to call it "street". eh.

meh. Semantics.

I normally don't run with the tailgate daily, Took the spare off years ago and sold it. I do spend 120 seconds to remove the subwoofer box and that's it. Try to get to the track with 1/4 tank of fuel, air down the tires a bit and have fun.

I agree, but that little plaque on the wall of the bar with my records on it would look a lot nicer with a 10.9x on it. LOL. There was a guy that used to run up here with a duramax that claims to have a 10.8x pass on our track, but he told me that he sold the truck and gave the new owner all his time slips. I really would like to beat that, even if it meant drag radials and one seat. I like having the official track record, but until I run a 10.7x I won't feel completely comfortable with it. I'm confident I will get there when next seasons "program" starts, but I'd really like to do it without making much, if any, more power. Just for the sake of saving money.

The 594 was on your time slip I have never seen that before at any track. Winter will soon be there so you are probably done for the year. Stay out of Good Time Charlies, it's not a safe place.:lolly:

Ok. Ha! Here I was thinking the et at 594 was goofy and the truck was laying down or something.

Good time Charlie's? No way, been there twice, that was more than enough. I almost married a girl who's mother works there though!

Last edited:
Ok. Ha! Here I was thinking the et at 594 was goofy and the truck was laying down or something.

Good time Charlie's? No way, been there twice, that was more than enough. I almost married a girl who's mother works there though!

I walked in there one night and there was a one legged stripper dancing :eek: Then a bit later some drunk that had been tossed for grooping one of the dancers starting shooting holes in the place with his 44. I swear that where old strippers go to die, I have never seen such ugly women in a strip club. Thank god for the Great Alaskan Bush Company.

Back