Launching in 4WD

you say if its stock dont run in 4wd? there is no spinning issues? i have 35's with my stock 3.73's and a spool. if i spool before a launch i will spin the tires. launching in 4wd at like 20psi is bad a**. i would say id have to be like .3-.5 secs faster in the 1/4 at least.

Garrett

I was saying that something is wrong if he only run a 20.01 in the 1/4.Are you saying you can spin the tires in 4wheel drive STOCK?
I keep hearing people say they are spooling up to 20psi on launch,but I can't get my truck past 10-12 before it will push me through the lights.

SSpeeDEMONSS said:
you say if its stock dont run in 4wd? there is no spinning issues? i have 35's with my stock 3.73's and a spool. if i spool before a launch i will spin the tires. launching in 4wd at like 20psi is bad a**. i would say id have to be like .3-.5 secs faster in the 1/4 at least.

Garrett

to build boost properly get on the brakes as hard as possible and gradually push the pedal down. I can get my truck to 23 psi of boost launching by gradually building it while letting off the brakes little by little.

iracemx6 said:
I was saying that something is wrong if he only run a 20.01 in the 1/4.Are you saying you can spin the tires in 4wheel drive STOCK?
I keep hearing people say they are spooling up to 20psi on launch,but I can't get my truck past 10-12 before it will push me through the lights.

no no no, it will easily spin in 2wd. in 4wd, i go to 20psi before launching. no wheelspin and only one problem with wheel hop(but it was wet). and as onebadsixoh said, you have to ease into it, not go WOT.

Garrett

will try it here again soon and the truck was fixed by ford, they gave us 2 new heads, gaskets, bolts, and a new #3 injector!

Back