Lavon..... Wow

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Well Done Sir. That Backhalf is flat nasty.

Frickin crazy!
Builds a truck from scratch...hauls it to the track, and runs 166mph on his "soft" tune.

Well done!!!

Frickin crazy!
Builds a truck from scratch...hauls it to the track, and runs 166mph on his "soft" tune.

Well done!!!

It's the difference in someone having true knowledge and a great staff and someone that just likes to race their mowf. :D

From his build thread.

So. Firepunk did the thing. Time to rethink that 8.5 cage.

12495079_10153014695917168_2814953625477385501_n_zpso5z0vfjk.jpg

Correct, 1st 1/4 mile pass on the Truck. Going to bump another 200hp in it and see if we can stick the power.

Lavon

Kil-kare test and tune

Just ran another pass bumping 200hp into it and went too soft on the 60'. Went 8.45@169mph with a 1.51 60'. 11 passes on the transmission with a standard 48re Firepunk Comp 3 vb and an anteater controlling the shift points, gonna tear it down this week and see if it looks as good as it feels.

Lavon

Congrats Lavon, that is a feat right off the trailer.

Congratulations Lavon that's incredible ! I know we have cut the Pro Street class back to 1/8 mile for safety reasons because of the speed but man it is cool to see them run out in the 1/4 mile . That's darn near pro mod territory !

Congratulations Lavon that's incredible ! I know we have cut the Pro Street class back to 1/8 mile for safety reasons because of the speed but man it is cool to see them run out in the 1/4 mile . That's darn near pro mod territory !

Next season on Street Outlaws: Coal Editon

haha

Thanks for the kind words. We're still learning the chassis, but it seems to be working well, goes straight and feels stable. Hitting overdrive about 100ft before the 1/8th and the 169.36MPH pass crossed the traps at 4276rpm. We're learning that as we add fuel, we need to leave on more boost to keep from choking out the chargers, that's why the 2nd pass 60' was so soft. The first pass was on a tune that did 1400HP and the 2nd pass was on a tune that did 1616HP on the engine dyno. We still have a good bit of fuel to add, but need to get the short track down solid before its worth running big power out the back end. Hoping to get low 1.30 60's with some added Power and we should be able to knock another few tenths off, but we're taking baby steps to keep it as safe as possible as we learn the truck. Here's both slips from Saturday.

both%208%20sec%20slips_zpsumoefgu4.jpg

Is it actually cut back or do a majority of the track only have 1/8 mile. I hate watching 1/8 stuff.

Has anyone else put the numbers in the hp calculator and notice how they correspond? Almost exactly to what Lavon has posted!! Bravo sir bravo!! II just think it's interesting that ppl comment saying you can't use it for something that fast.

There's so much that's went through my head this weekend seeing that time slip.
Brand new truck
8.2 in the 1/4
Dam near 170 MPH.........170!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else put the numbers in the hp calculator and notice how they correspond? Almost exactly to what Lavon has posted!! Bravo sir bravo!! II just think it's interesting that ppl comment saying you can't use it for something that fast.

:blahblah1: No you're wrong, we all know the CompD calculator only works for slow trucks or heavy trucks... lighter weight race vehicles defy physics!!!

Congrats Firepunk! I love seeing trap speeds in the realm of engine dyno/chassis dyno numbers, it's great to see your dynos are still correctly calibrated and not spewing B.S. inflated numbers to help your marketing team meet their goals!

Back