lb7 2.5 puller

djump0001

I have a 2002 extended cab dually right now have the motor tore down wondering what the best and cheapest way to go on building the motor to be competitive in 2.5 pulling class?

Rods, coated and clipped stock pistons, head/main studs, keyed cam and crank, weld the impeller wheel on the water pump, full balance and that motor will live at 800hp for a while. I wouldnt touch the cam or the heads. maybe some valve springs depending on how many rpms you want to operate at

Dirtymax ... What do u mean by weld the impeller on the water pump...should the wheel be clipped as well?

the impeller needs to be welded onto the shaft of the water pump. Once you start making more power/spinning more rpms, you are likely going to spin the impeller right off the shaft if it is not welded. no clipping, just a quick tig weld.

Dirtymax ... What do u mean by weld the impeller on the water pump...should the wheel be clipped as well?

you need to be careful welding it tho. Low heat or it will do more bad then good. iirc, GM has an "updated" water pump for the dmax. Guys also key the impeller shaft.

Okay...gotcha, I was told once to clip thw wheel when running 5k because volume if you are not running an electric water pump

Back