LB7 C0265 U1041 codes, ive tried all i can..help please

rjustman

I just bought a 2002 lb7.had some issues but I got a good deal on it..abs and brake lights have been coming on intermittently since i bought the truck..tested the front end and it needed new hubs so while i was in there I replaced hubs,upper and lower ball joints,tie rods,pitman,and idler arms..truck didn't throw a code for 3 days..then tossed a code again..replaced the hubs..since the second set of hubs it comes on very speratic.sometimes right when I start trucm sometimes not for 15-20 miles.there's really no rhyme or reason as do dowhen it comes on..I've cleaned the ground under the truck..I've unplugged it and cleaned connections..I'm not sure what to do..I've seen guys online selling a service to repair the abs module but not sure if I trust that.and don't really have buckets of money to throw at the truck to take it to dealership either..

Any suggestions??

Here are the guys offering rebuilding service

Chevy Silverado ABS Ebcm Computer Module Repair Rebuild Chevrolet KH325 | eBay

Thanks

Richard

The ground you cleaned, was is right by the body mount below and forward of the drivers door? Check the battery to frame ground, left front of the frame, by the front bumper. Also check the engine to body ground. Remove the 3 connectors at the EBCM and BPMV and put some dielectric grease on theterminalls. It may help, May not.

The two codes you listed almost always end up needing an EBCM. I've never heard of rebuilding them. I suppose if they sent quality parts and instructions I'd give it a shot. They are very expensive for the module. It's very rare but sometimes the BPMV fails.

Yes..right under body mount on drivers side..I'll try adding some grease..what is the bpmv??

As for the ebcm it sounds like they do,some kind of re soldier work in them on the board..you send yours in and they re,work it then send it,back..

Another thing that's going on that's off topic and haven't had any luck at all finding info on..is my trip meter in the dash is always resetting itself..rarely does it make it 2 miles without resetting..I was wondering if I do,have some major grounding problems..

Brake pressure control module.... The thing the EBCM mounts too.

The trip Meter thing, it sounds hillbilly but the trip reset button on the cluster. Use some tape to hold it out. I'm guessing it's sunk and when you hit a bump it resets its self.

10-4 I found an outfit out of mesa that repairs these ebcms ..45 bucks it's worth a shot..I've been,reading that the soldier cracks or comes loose inside and its,just a matter resoldiering the points on the control board..it's either try that or a,new ebcm at 350+ dollars from what I'm reading..

I'm getting ready to move a 12000 pound 5th wheel...should this and problem give me any trouble??

Rear driver cylinder head, bolts to fire wall just above where the two fuel lines come up. 15mm head bolt on the cylinder head and a 10mm nut on the wall.

When I said it will only effect ABS i meant the ABS will not work. Brakes will still work as they should.

Well no such luck on the tape lol..I did however have something strange happen..I went down south for a quick day trip and while I was in the valley the abs/ lbrake lights never came on..got back up to payson and when I started truck after our pit stop there it was again..instantly..

Back