Lb7 running/starting issue

hopesanddreams

I delivered a round baler yesturday with our 01 duramax service truck. The truck ran fine all morning, after i dropped the baler off i started home and not even 5 minutes later the service engine light came on and the truck sputtered and eventually shut off and will not fire back up.

The truck is completely stock, 221,000 miles, fuel filter was replaced in october and doesnt have that many miles on it, not sure if the injectors have ever been replaced.

OBD2 scanner says large fuel leak, cylinder 6, number 8 line and fitting is also wet with fuel and there is coolant sitting in the dimples of the valve cover around that area.

any help is appreciated, thanks

no evidence of where the coolant is coming from, nothing is wet, there is just little puddles on the valve cover, the coolant is not low but the low coolant light stays on

If it is on the passenger side valve cover then chances are it's the turbo supply line spraying it out over there, if it's the drivers side then it is probably coming off the turbo outlet line. The turbo coolant hoses are a known leak point on teh LB7's, and that is about all there is on top to leak except for the heater line on the passenger side. As for your fuel leak code, sounds like either your CP3 is supplying enough pressure, or you have an injector hung open.

Back