lb7 to lly

808 holler

Hey guys. I'm trying to convert my lb7 top end to a lly. Reason being that I want to run a Banks big hoss intake. They say that the intake won't work because of the lb7 fuel line routing. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

What year is your truck? 03 and newer lb7 is a simple swap, 01-02 is much harder

04. Got some parts on it already. DDP 100hp. Injectors, Banks intercooler, big head boost controller, efi live. Small tune, looking to turn up hp. After building the trans and installing a super charger.

Thanks for the sites. They were exactly what I was looking for. I'll be contacting them. Thanks

Why waste your money on one of those intakes on an otherwise stock engine?

You do understand that a larger charger/procharger combo + the extra fuel will wreck that stock engine exceptionally fast, right?

Last edited:
yeah because the top end is the only thing you need to worry about, this seems like an exceptional amount of work for the small result that's going to be achieved.

Guarantee on the rods. I'm looking for instant throttle response. That's the idea for supercharging. Do yougget that with twins? Haven't driven one so I don't know. I live in Hawaii. Not many of them around

Do yourself a favor and save a lot of time and money, contact one of these guys

http://www.wcfab.com

http://www.hspdiesel.com

Give one of those guys a CALL, they can help you out.

I like the fabricated manifolds, but the $5,000+ from HSP does not seem like it would save any money at all...

While, the Banks Big Hoss manifold technically does not fit the LB7s it can be done with some fuel component rerouting. Rob Hall and his crew did it on the Caged Hooker so it is possible.

I'm not positive how much the Big Hoss manifold costs, but I would guess that it is much less than the $5-6,000 for an HPS manifold and maybe even less than the WCFab manifold too...

There are others who build them as well including ZZFab and I believe DTS is also doing them now or will be soon...

I like the fabricated manifolds, but the $5,000+ from HSP does not seem like it would save any money at all...

While, the Banks Big Hoss manifold technically does not fit the LB7s it can be done with some fuel component rerouting. Rob Hall and his crew did it on the Caged Hooker so it is possible.

I'm not positive how much the Big Hoss manifold costs, but I would guess that it is much less than the $5-6,000 for an HPS manifold and maybe even less than the WCFab manifold too...

There are others who build them as well including ZZFab and I believe DTS is also doing them now or will be soon...

I referred the OP to HSP because I believe his goals can be achieved without the intake manifold he wants and without a supercharger.

Ya know, we never did ask the O/P what his goals were in the first place. Care to shed some light on that, 808?

I referred the OP to HSP because I believe his goals can be achieved without the intake manifold he wants and without a supercharger.

10-4 on that...

I like my 360,000 mile LB7! With the Banks Big Hoss Bundle (intercooler, intake, boost tubes, wastegate actuator, and tuning that is not used except for the iQ as gauges), a Fleece Cheetah LB7 drop in turbo, ProFab exhaust manifolds and uppipes, ARP head studs and Fleece EFILive tuning my truck put 543 hp and 1006 lbs-ft of torque to the rollers on the dyno and it is very responsive even with the stock gears and HEAVY 37-inch tires and beadlock KMC Enduro wheels.

It all looks pretty much stock and runs well and yields decent mileage on the highway at 75 I get 17 MPG with crappy aerodynamics thanks to my widened front end and wide tires!

When dealing with a Duramax Fleece Performance Engineering is definitely a shop to look at!

To the OP, don't forget about your trans! Anything much over 450 HP and you'll want to think about trans upgrades...

Hey guys. Sorry, busy. Couldn't get back. Researched Banks. Apparently the big hoss intake can work with mods. The reason for thinking of converting to a lly. I've been a hotroder/ racer all my life. Just so happens my'04 GMC 2500cc,sb is my hotrod now. I'm looking to make a all around street racer/offroader. Around 850-1000 hp when I'm done. I'm not Donald Trump so it's going to take a little while. We have no emission controls here so we can run what we want. Engine/trans mods to come in stages. Also making a4link/coil over front end to run 37s. Not skying. More for performance

Thanks for the awesome replys, by the way. That's the kind of info I can use. Did I say I'm from Hawaii? Yeah, we're about 10 years back on what's hot in the states. Thanks to you guys I'll have a jump on everyone else!

Back