LB7 to LLY

fences4less

ihave a2002 chevy duramax withan lb7 and i want to put an 2004 anhalf lly i have all of the under hood harness to the fuse block under the hood from the donor truck can it be done and what else would i need

:welcome: To Comp D!

I'm gonna move this to the D-Max section. You'll probably get more help there.

why would you want to swap? i think the time would be better spent on making more power out of what you have then swapping it for the VVT and such. But what do i know, i am a powerstroke guy.... LOL

fences4less said:
ihave a2002 chevy duramax withan lb7 and i want to put an 2004 anhalf lly i have all of the under hood harness to the fuse block under the hood from the donor truck can it be done and what else would i need

Can it be done? Sure.

Would it be far more trouble that it's worth? Probably.

Why would you want to down grade like that? Everybody knows silly Lillys don't make any power.

Yes, it can be done and has been done. I think the only thing that will not work out is the dash gauges as the 2002 and '04 LLY are different. You need to swap some sensors around as I recall and then recalibrate the ECM for the fuel sender as they are different as well.

Guy's just currious which one has ther most potential to make big power? Which one is easier to do so??

Couldn't you just swap the LB7 block with the LLY and use the LB7 heads? Change the injectors and be done.

I'm just guessing he has motor issues???

Dix

Noreaster said:
Why would you want to down grade like that? Everybody knows silly Lillys don't make any power.

:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

no Rick swapped an LLY into his 2003 LB7.

completely different electrical system in the 2003+ trucks. Swapping an LLY into a 2003/2004 LB7 truck, pretty easy. Swapping an LLY into a 2001-2002 truck; you will tear your hair out.

Texasmax said:
Couldn't you just swap the LB7 block with the LLY and use the LB7 heads? Change the injectors and be done.

I'm just guessing he has motor issues???

Dix

Im not sure what the point of this is. LB7's and LLY's have the same short block.

Back