Leaf Spring Front End

super duty04

What is being done to keep the leaf spring front end to keep from bouncing. I have installed front traction bars and they really dont take all the bounce out. I'm having a hard time getting off the line without bad front end flutter also at the end of the track when it starts digging it wants to bounce like a basketball. Truck is a 04 F250 running 50psi in rear tires and 30psi in front tires traction bars front and back. Any help is greatly appreciated.

How many front leaf springs are you running? Are you hanging front weights? If so how much?

I have the stock 2 leaf springs in the front and hang about 450lbs to make the 8000lb limit.

I will try clamping the front springs at the next pull. I have the rear springs clamped just never thought of clamping the front ones.

Should I clamp in front of the axle or behind the axle? Or should I clamp both in front and behind the axle.

Don't clamp the springs. Placement of the shocks is what will keep it from bouncing. How does the truck sit with the weights on? Does the front pick up a lot when it takes off?

The truck sits at a slight downhill stance and lifts the front end quite a bit going down the track. Is there a certain positioning of a second shock?

Anybody know the placement of the second shocks? Should they be at a certain angle or just same as stock?

1210dp_08+suspension_solutions+custom_front_shock_mount.jpg

From the American Ride Ford

American Ride has coil front springs.

I have clamped my front springs with good results. I also run a traction bar off the front axle. I did run with out the traction bar for quite a while with no hop. I think the rear setup maybe causing you problems. You can pm me if you'd like.

American Ride has coil front springs.

I have clamped my front springs with good results. I also run a traction bar off the front axle. I did run with out the traction bar for quite a while with no hop. I think the rear setup maybe causing you problems. You can pm me if you'd like.

Yes, but a lever arm such as this and forward mounted shock can help even with leafs as I've seen two trucks who've run this way and haven't hopped (you just have to mount the shock inboard/outboard of the leafs...outboard usually being the easier). I had terrible luck clamping my front leafs on my gasser (only time it hopped worse was when I tried strapping the front end). Each chassis design is a little different so he will probably have better luck being set up like you.

Here is what I ended up doing to cure mine (Afco double adjustable with LIGHT spring and a Rancho RS9000 set as stiff as it would go):

Attachments

• IMAG0261.jpg
    IMAG0261.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
BlackStroker I'm new on here and can't pm you but am having a similar problem with my 04 eclb f250 running in stock class. Front end lifts considerably and this past weekend I ended up bending my traction bars on an unfriendly track. Need to know if I can keep the front down, without hanging weights, and the rear bounce to a minimum. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Back