Leak between trans and transfer case

92dak_r6

Pretty much ever since I did my swap in my Dakota. Ive had a constant drip of trans fluid. It seems to be coming in between the OD section(47rh) and Transfer case (DLD231). I figured it was the transfer case so I checked the fluid in it and its still full. After checking the trans it was slightly low. I ot new seals for the case just in case. But I called the auto parts and they said they couldn't find an output seal for the 47rh.

So does the trans not have a output seal? I don't remember seeing one when I put it in. OR Maybe I should've siliconed in between the trans and transfer case?

This is my first time 4x4 experience like this. Thanks in Advance

The RH takes a longer shaft from the T/Case entering the back of the OD section. Memory serves me correct the DLD231 shaft was made with two different shafts. One longer than the other. The one you need has to be at-least 3" in length coming out of the T/case.

Last edited:
I do believe its the right t case. I have 3 and this one was the one only that would work. But I'll measure it when I pull it.

Like maxtorq said there are different shafts for the t-case, but even with the right shaft it can still leak. The output seal on these trannys don't seem to be very good. I always just silicone the joint.

Back