leaking inner cooler

People may laugh at frozen boost but you can set them up right and they work great. I was easily seeing temp drops of 500+ last year with my two cheapo ones. The logs show almost zero pressure drop and intake temps of 70-80 degrees. If yours craps out there are reasonable alternatives.

I haven't heard complaints about the efficiency, but the number of units that came apart/cracked/leaked is significant. Maybe the quality has improved. It's going to be hit and miss by nature.....it either holds.....or it doesn't LOL

Jason wherli can make u one any shape, size, and rating for a reasonable price. Uses bell cores too. WC Fab

We have ran two diff ones from FB with zero issues so far. We don't use their 3/4" provided fittings FWIW I think more top caliber trucks use them than we realize

Last edited:
I've been using my froozen boost cooler for 3 seasons now with no complaints.
I did add 2 more weld in bungs to improve water flow through the core.

I haven't heard complaints about the efficiency, but the number of units that came apart/cracked/leaked is significant. Maybe the quality has improved. It's going to be hit and miss by nature.....it either holds.....or it doesn't LOL

That's a possibility. I only run about 45 psi through them but on occasion they've seen 60-65 on a run.

So after further inspection the cooler is leaking at the very top where they welded the top on it with the water ports. Its right where the cores meet the top and looks like the cores are separating from each other do to them not being welded completely together. Theyvjust welded a spot in the middle. Was contemplating putting some jb weld epoxy at the spot where its leaking to stop the water some. Thoughts?

Well after emailing Chiseled Performance today and him answering all my questions I will be purchasing one of his diesel ready 3000 series for the same money as precision wants for a non diesel pt2000 but if I waned their diesel ready pt3000 it's $4500. I'm not spending that kinda money for a product I can get for half and is the same thing. May have to get a cheap one to get me by. What model FB is everyone running? The 150psi ones?

Well after emailing Chiseled Performance today and him answering all my questions I will be purchasing one of his diesel ready 3000 series for the same money as precision wants for a non diesel pt2000 but if I waned their diesel ready pt3000 it's $4500. I'm not spending that kinda money for a product I can get for half and is the same thing. May have to get a cheap one to get me by. What model FB is everyone running? The 150psi ones?

I've seen a couple 3.0 Haisley trucks running frozen boost and they looked to be type 22 intercoolers. If you email frozen boost and let them know you are a business they can activate your "wholesale pricing", which will save you a couple bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the series 53 frozen boost with no issues at all. Mines only on a 2.6 truck so it's a little overkill but the way classes are getting more and more power every year I figured get the big one so hopefully I won't need to buy another one for a long time. This is a very expensive hobby as you all know so anywhere you can save a little money without hurting the truck at all is always good in my book.

Only difference in the 53 and the 22 is the thickness of the metal, the cores are the same size. The thickness is going to play a big part in how heat is transferred. Thinner being the better option, if your boost numbers allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The 22 would've prolly done just fine for me but before I went a/w I blew the end out of a Spearco a/a so I was a little paranoid and went overkill when going a/w.

Back