Leaking Mag-Hytec Double Deep 47RH?

Red Stroke

I have had more than one gasket on this thing, second trans it has been on and still leaks, heard something about early batch being machined wrong on the sealing surface and not being flat.

Anyone else have these issues?

Sure it is coming from the pan gasket? Mine leaks, and I think it is from the dipstick seal.

get ya a very flat conter top put some wet dry sand paper down and sand it and see where the high and low shots are ....

I had also leaking Deep M-H oil pan in my previous tranny, even with new silicon or casket it was still leaking. I have no idea what was the real reason.

Now with new transmission I have DoubleDeep and no leak.

mine was starting to but it was cause a couple bolts from the mag-hytec pan that came with it came lose and 2 were missing got 2 new ones and leak went away

it took a stock dodge gasket to get mine sealed. the reuseable kind. the cork and cheesey rubber ones leaked on me.

Aslo make sure the nut that you make the band adjustmnts with is tight and has sealer on the threads. this mimmiced a leaky pan on mine also.

Good idea impmouse thanks I will rough it up on a surface plate and some wet sanding paper. What grit would be good 1200?

Dan it is all dry above the gasket.....

I did call them and they said to ship it back to Cali and they would fix it if they found anything wrong and pay shipping back, if there was nothing un-true then I pay shipping back.

it took a stock dodge gasket to get mine sealed. the reuseable kind. the cork and cheesey rubber ones leaked on me.

Aslo make sure the nut that you make the band adjustmnts with is tight and has sealer on the threads. this mimmiced a leaky pan on mine also.

Yea, I forgot, I used a stock 48RE gasket. They have the orings and all built in. Mine leaks, and I am sure it is from above the dipstick.

Yea, I forgot, I used a stock 48RE gasket. They have the orings and all built in. Mine leaks, and I am sure it is from above the dipstick.

did you have to get it from the dealer?

anyone know of a good online dealership for parts? my local place is high.

800g and finish with 1200

Good idea impmouse thanks I will rough it up on a surface plate and some wet sanding paper. What grit would be good 1200?

Dan it is all dry above the gasket.....

I did call them and they said to ship it back to Cali and they would fix it if they found anything wrong and pay shipping back, if there was nothing un-true then I pay shipping back.

I checked with my trans shop and was told the leaking from the dipstick was because the 727 bleeds down into the pan at rest and if left setting long enough will overfill the pan and submerge the dipstick area. I would imagine the newer transmissions do this too because there is a check valve in the line to prevent this. Rich

Back